Help & Support

newcomer
jakamodzi
Best Answer

giffgaff in europe

Hello. I am sure the answer is out there, but technology not being my thing, I cannot seem to find it. I have a £5 Goodybag every month (which I get nowhere near using) but am away in Europe next week and would like to send a few texts home. What must I upgrade to? Yours in anticipation.

cicerone
ronc2000

Re: giffgaff in europe

You do not have to do anything except top up with some credits.

You will be charged roaming rates.

Your goodybag allownace does not work abroad.

heavy hitter
antonio75

you will need airtime credit as goodybags am uk use only
cjp
Topics: 7
Kudos: 50
Best Answers: 17

Your goodybag won't work outside the UK

Have a look here for prices http://giffgaff.com/index/international.  To send a text whilst in Europe it will cost you 8 pence so you are going to need credit

Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
mykiel78

Hi there, international/roaming charges will apply and it won't come from your goodybag so topup with a lot of airtime credit before you go.

Also consider, if your phone allows it to install apps like viber, Skype, whatsapp etc. and when you are away connect via wifi and use it to contact friends and family with compatible apps for free. Lots of hotels and bars provide free wifi.

Saves me quiet a bit when I travel.

Please check here for international/roaming charges

http://giffgaff.com/index/international
Feel free to award Kudos / BEST ANSWER to posts that help you
Get a free giffgaff Sim
zaphod_zoeller
Kudos: 734
Best Answers: 271

jakamodzi wrote:

Hello. I am sure the answer is out there, but technology not being my thing, I cannot seem to find it. I have a £5 Goodybag every month (which I get nowhere near using) but am away in Europe next week and would like to send a few texts home. What must I upgrade to? Yours in anticipation.

Hi,

You have a couple of options - the first is the most simple, top up some airtime credit and use that while you're there.

The second option is slightly more complex, but has the potential to be free - If you're going to be staying at a hotel with free wifi then install "viber" or "whatsapp" and get the people you're going to want to text to do the same. With either app you can send and receive texts, pictures etc using data instead of telephony, and viber can also make and receive calls/video calls the same way. Very importantly though, do not do this on your 3g connection from abroad as data gets very expensive very quickly abroad.

beginner
jasperuk

Your gonna need credit on your phone mate the goodbag will not work outside of the uk....£10 should do it

newcomer
jakamodzi

Superb. Thank you so much. I have a £4 'phone and won't be anything complicated, so the credit thing is the way to go. Thanks again for the advice. This technology stuff isn't so bad!

yazogurbuz
Topics: 6
Kudos: 54
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 2
Best Answers: 20

goody bag can't be used when you afe outside UK. So you will be charged rfom your airtime credit balance.

it will be wise to postpone the new goodybag activation until you are back in UK by contacting an agen.

Ask an Agent @ - http://bit.ly/giffgaffagent

If you think my post helped you even 1% :smileyhappy: please click the ** KUDO STAR** !!!
If your query is solved with my inputs please click "ACCEPT A SOLUTION" !!!

Click here to request a giffgaff SIM or microSIM with £5 credit