Help & Support

chaperon
ncampbell

Re: *** SUCCESS***

[ Edited ]
Excellent, I'm delighted you now have your iPhone up and working!

We and myself is aware of the 02-UK on the Top-Left of the iPhone touch screen. This may be because the iPhone was originally an o2 handset from launch on an agreement with Apple, so it could be a configuration within the handset that we cannot alter (iTunes Firmware/Software).

If you want to be adventurous however...you could try make yourself a giffgaff wallpaper for the iPhone and post it up for everyone to use! (Might even earn you some Kudos!!!)
Nigel Campbell
giffgaff Advisor

Yes..I'm here to Help!!...

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
newcomer
jsmith9156

ncampbell wrote:
Excellent, I'm delighted you now have your iPhone up and working!

We and myself is aware of the 02-UK on the Top-Left of the iPhone touch screen. This may be because the iPhone was originally an o2 handset from launch on an agreement with Apple, so it could be a configuration within the handset that we cannot alter (iTunes Firmware/Software).

If you want to be adventurous however...you could try make yourself a giffgaff wallpaper for the iPhone and post it up for everyone to use! (Might even earn you some Kudos!!!)

I have already made myself a giffgaff wallpaper, But its just a couple of giffgaff logos on a black background, Not something I think other people are going to want, But I like it :-)

James

simon69c
Topics: 7
Kudos: 457
Best Answers: 71

[ Edited ]

Well here's a basic little wallpaper I threw together based on the background of this site.

giffgaff

I've also made a giffgaff logo Winterboard theme for those who are jailbroken - it will put giffgaff up instead of O2-UK next to the signal bars.  It's available through Cydia now - just search for giffgaff and it should show up.

Get a free Giffgaff SIM / microSIM
newcomer
ghanitest1

Re: i phone and Giff Gaff

i phone
meo rookie
rookie
meo

ive got a wallpaper i created that everyone is more than welcome to use.... seems i cant attach here in the forum unless its previously at a url location?.. any advise then i can upload for anyone who wishes to use.. all the best

M:smileyhappy:
If you think this post has been helpful, don't forget to kudos
novice
boonitch

Sure, just use http://imageshack.us/ it's a free image upload/hosting site. Pretty easy to use, and it will give you a URL to use to display your pictures on this forum.

former giff-staffer
giffgaff_cfo

Re: I phone and Giff Gaff

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I need some help from you.

I got my message from O2 to say that the iPhone had been unlocked, so slotted my gg SIM in and synced with itunes, but unfortunately no success in unlocking.

Is there anything specific I would need to do to use the gg SIM in it?

I'll also follow-up with O2 why the "official" unlocking didn't work.

Thanks in advance of your help...

Anthony Eckersley
former chief of finance @ giffgaff

follow me at: http://twitter.com/aeckersley
meo rookie
rookie
meo

Thanks Boonich.. heres the file... hope others find it useful (tried my best to get a good looking layout.. ;-)

GiffGaff Wallpaper...

meo rookie
rookie
meo

here's the url; i just uploaded to imageshack:-

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/giffgafflogo.jpg/

feel free to copy around on forum if anyone likes it or wants to use...

simon69c
Topics: 7
Kudos: 457
Best Answers: 71

Re: I phone and Giff Gaff

[ Edited ]

giffgaff_cfo wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I need some help from you.

I got my message from O2 to say that the iPhone had been unlocked, so slotted my gg SIM in and synced with itunes, but unfortunately no success in unlocking.

Is there anything specific I would need to do to use the gg SIM in it?

I'll also follow-up with O2 why the "official" unlocking didn't work.

Thanks in advance of your help...

The official unlock is done via a carrier update in iTunes, but this carrier update is only triggered when you put in a different network SIM in the iPhone.  Since the giffgaff SIM is still seen by the iPhone as an O2 SIM that is probably why you aren't being prompted to get the carrier update file and aren't getting the "Congratulations - your iPhone is unlocked" message.  Try putting in an Orange/Voda/T-Mob/3 SIM and that should do the trick.  Also if your iPhone is jailbroken and currently unofficially unlocked then you will need to disable the unofficial unlock in order to trigger the carrier update file too (though you can keep it jailbroken).

That said, even without the unlock your gg SIM should be working in an O2-locked iPhone anyway - at least mine works in a couple of O2-locked iPhones that I've tried (got quite a few friends with them).

Get a free Giffgaff SIM / microSIM