on 27-04-2012 15:23
This question has a Best Answer. Go to Best Answer
on 27-04-2012 15:26
You must delete this profile
Go to settings- general- profile
(Profiles is near the bottom)
Now go to safari and install these settings
(by deleting the previous profile your Internet will not connect so use wifi or go to settings- general- network- mobile data network
And change the mobile data apn to giffgaff.com
That will enable you to install the new profile)
Once installed all that's required is to change the mms settings a little
Go again to settings- general- network- mobile data network
And change the mms apn from
Idata.o2.co.uk to giffgaff.com
And the mms username from
Vertigo to giffgaff
Don't click reset.
All apps and sites that previously gave errors before should now work
on 27-04-2012 15:30
Fixed the issue by doing:
1) Switched off Face Time (Setting -> FaceTime-> FaceTime OFF)
2) Switched off iMessage(Setting -> Messages->iMessage OFF)
3) Switched on iMessage (The phone started “Verifying”the incorrect phone number, failed and set it to the correct ported number (seeSettings -> Messages -> Receive At -> Phone).
4) At this point the “My Number” (Settings ->Phone -> My Number) had also updated.
5) Switched on Face(Same “Verifying” as with iMessage, but tooktwo attempts).
6) Power Cycled the ‘phone and re-synced to updateiTunes If necessary (Summary “Phone Number” field).
on 27-04-2012 15:45