Help & Support

beginner
drewdelarave

iPhone 3GS, no sevice, sim not provisioned

IPhone 3GS topped up and activated on friday, still showing as no service. Have checked the community forums, checked my settings. When I go to Settings>>General>>About>>Network it says not available, sim not provisioned. I am using a fully unlocked handset that works with sims from other networks.

I'm paying for a service and not receiving it. Not happy at all. Have contacted agents twice with nothing but an automated response saying that they will get back to me... they haven't.

Yours sincerely

VERY unhappy customer

ps. will I be refunded for the service I have paid for and not getting ? The days on my goodybag are counting down...

sam1128
Kudos: 3,162
Best Answers: 2,526

Re: iPhone 3GS, no sevice, sim not provisioned

iPhone reset :

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

(Like all computers, the Apple iPhone occasionally needs a reboot. You can do this by giving it a "hard reset". This does not remove app, songs, contacts or anything else stored on your iPhone. It basically just reboots the phone without following the normal shutdown procedures.)
Get a free giffgaff Sim

nate37
Topics: 81
Kudos: 1,955
Best Answers: 1,144

[ Edited ]

a batch of sims were sent out unprovisioned on 30/31st October - the Agents should know of this issue and will reply within 24 hours. They should arrange to send you a new sim.:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please choose the best answer as solution, so others can find it, and give kudos to helpful posts
beginner
drewdelarave

Also should mention that I topped up with £10 and with the free £5 bought a £15 goodybag.

My Giffgaff shows that I am activated and has given me a phone number.

It's not a local reception issue, as I live in South London, other people have o2 reception in my home, have also travelled around the area and receive no service anywhere. Is not a fault with the handset as I have tried using 3, Orange, and Vodafone sims and they all pick up reception straight away.

emilina

This sounds like a faulty sim. You will need to order a replacement through the lost/stolen link. The new one will be linked to your account so will still have your goodybag.

For a free sim sent via 1st class post usually same day PM me
proz
Topics: 34
Kudos: 92
Best Answers: 23

Unfortunatly as mentioned earlier i think there was an issue with a batch of sims that were sent out .

I would ask an agent to look at this for you although dont hold your breath waiting for a reply .

Giff Gaff SIM'S sent by 1st Class Post , Dont be left waiting for ages , get it the next day ..PM me please. All types available.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
If I've helped you solve an issue then give me some Kudos :-)
humzashaffa
Topics: 10
Kudos: 105
Best Answers: 42

contact a agent and they will send out a new sim and make sure that it is activated,they will send out with all you including goodybags and credit
beginner
drewdelarave

sam1128 wrote:
iPhone reset :

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

(Like all computers, the Apple iPhone occasionally needs a reboot. You can do this by giving it a "hard reset". This does not remove app, songs, contacts or anything else stored on your iPhone. It basically just reboots the phone without following the normal shutdown procedures.)

NO JOY

emilina

I believe the unprovisioned sims from the dodgy batch wouldn't have activated. Ill try to find out.

For a free sim sent via 1st class post usually same day PM me
beginner
drewdelarave

I currently have two open tickets with Agents with no response

not good enough

I will give them 24hrs to respond before returning to this topic, but this really is poor, not impressed at all.