Help & Support

pjr

iPhone 4S Bluetooth problems

Hi all, I've had I've had my iPhone 4 S for a couple of weeks now and I'm having problems connecting using the Bluetooth option. I've switched the Bluetooth on from within the settings and it starts searching but it never seems to be able to find another Bluetooth device. I've searched online and found a number of other iPhone 4 users who are experiencing the same sort of problem.

Are there any other forum members who have experienced the same issue with their iPhone 4 ands can offer a solution to resolving this problem?

Best regards, Paul
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
sufta
Kudos: 300
Best Answers: 115

Re: iPhone 4S Bluetooth problems

why don't you go to the apple shop?
graduate
sydbrazil2

It only finds Bluetooth headsets, it can be used to find other phones

Hope this Helps, Posted from iPhone 4s 😃
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
exemplar
maheed

If you have insurance go to apple store of not try out the genius bar I think you need a replacement for the wireless part
jo2010
Topics: 99
Kudos: 276
Best Answers: 80

My iPhone 4 only picks up headsets to I was told they only connect to apple phones but it won't find my husbands iPhone 3 either
Get a free giffgaff Sim
jo2010
Topics: 99
Kudos: 276
Best Answers: 80

The iphone 4's bluetooth connection is designed to work with hands free bluetooth headsets and car kits - but not for sending data between phones. I believe that two Iphone 4 handsets can send and receive data between each other, but no other handsets - including other iphones - will be able to send or receive data to or from the iphone 4.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
antraf1982
Kudos: 699
Best Answers: 179

What device are you trying to connect to.  You need to make sure one device is discoverable and the other one is searching.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
silverfox55
Topics: 14
Kudos: 231
Best Answers: 70

pjr wrote:
Hi all, I've had I've had my iPhone 4 S for a couple of weeks now and I'm having problems connecting using the Bluetooth option. I've switched the Bluetooth on from within the settings and it starts searching but it never seems to be able to find another Bluetooth device. I've searched online and found a number of other iPhone 4 users who are experiencing the same sort of problem.

Are there any other forum members who have experienced the same issue with their iPhone 4 ands can offer a solution to resolving this problem?

Best regards, Paul

iPhones should have no issues with connecting with other devices, makes no diffirence if they are headsets, handsets or car handsfree.

If your phone is not picking up any other devices you may need to do a hard reset by holding the power and home buttons down until the screen goes black (ignore the slide to power off screen as the phone will turn off)

Wait a couple of minutes and then restart the phone as normal. In settings make sure bluetooth is turned on and that is showing as discoverable. Now try searching for the iPhone from another device.

If this is unsuccessful then I think you need to go visit the Apple Store

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pjr

It's over 40 miles away unfortunately. Having said that, I would make the visit if it meant getting the phone sorted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pjr

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice. Much appreciated. I was trying to connect via Bluetooth to friends Samsung Mobile. I was also trying to connect to my home computer via Bluetooth, but again it wouldn't see the computer or vice versa. I had no problem with my previous mobile doing any of the above so I was under the impression that the Bluetooth on the iPhone would work in a similar way.

If I follow the instructions provided i.e. to do a full reset, would that mean losing all my apps, contacts, etc?

Best regards, Paul.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim