Help & Support

tipster
onelife
Best Answer

iPhone 4S locked on Orange (need help unlocking)

Hey guys, I recently made a thread about how to jailbreak my iPhone 4S (black). It was successful however I have another problem. I also have an iPhone 4S (white) which is locked onto Orange. I manged to jailbreak it but it is still locked on to Orange. I tried sticking in a micro O2 sim and it didn't work. Basically the phone isn't unlocked. Does anyone know how to unlock this iPhone? I want to do it free if it's possible through jailbreaking etc. If I have no other choice then I guess I got to take it to a phone shop =/

Many thanks guys for reading this =)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
governor
mfish

Re: iPhone 4S locked on Orange (need help unlocking)

best way is to ask orange to unlock it. you won't get it done free
Get a free giffgaff Sim
isabel1066
Topics: 224
Kudos: 1,022
Best Answers: 219

Ask orange for the code £20.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
alecb
Kudos: 677
Best Answers: 311

The only way to unlock an iPhone 4S without the carrier doing it is to use the new Gevey SIM. Can you tell us what exact method you used to unlock the 4S? 

Also what baseband is the unlocked one vs the locked one?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
tipster
onelife

The iPhone I want to unlock atm is on iOS 5.1.1 with baseband 2.0.12. I used absinthe v2 to unlock this, same method used to unlock my other iPhone. My factory unlocked iPhone has the same iOS and baseband to the locked one.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
pathfinder
ljk876

u can get it unlokd at a fone shop
Get a free giffgaff Sim
alecb

onelife wrote:

The iPhone I want to unlock atm is on iOS 5.1.1 with baseband 2.0.12. I used absinthe v2 to unlock this, same method used to unlock my other iPhone. My factory unlocked iPhone has the same iOS and baseband to the locked one.

Oh ok, sorry - I read wrong :smileyvery-happy: 

It isn't possible to unlock via jailbreak with the 4 or 4S. You will need a Gevey Ultra S SIM http://gevey.com/ or get the service provider to unlock it for you, however that sounds unlikely this early on in it's life.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
alexc33
Kudos: 937
Best Answers: 712

Jailbreaking doesn't unlock iPhones on it's own. There's other things you need to do to unlock it.

tipster
onelife

Ah ok, I guess i'll unlock it through Orange, thx =). If Orange do manage to unlock it for me and I jailbreak my iPhone, what will happen if I decided to factory reset my iPhone to get rid of the jailbreak or just want my Phone to be in a new condition again. Will I lose my unlocked status by Orange and need to get it re-unlocked again?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
alecb

Nope :smileywink: once unlocked by Orange it will be unlocked permanently so no worries there :smileyhappy:

Get a free giffgaff Sim