Help & Support

newcomer
74all

iPhone 4s ios7 problems

Hi members,

I have updated my iPhone 4s to the latest update the ios7 and since the update this has happened:

• Credit of about £6.00 has gone
  • Text messages are not received
  • Imessages arrive very late or only when I get wi-fi
  • My texts don't always get received by others
  • Some calls go directly to my answer phone without ringing

I am not sure why this is happening, the signal in my house is poor so I have to use wi-fi.

I have followed all the steps in resetting, updating and I have written to the agent.

I need your help.

Thank you.

newcomer
trstn

Re: iPhone 4s ios7 problems

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately the problems you list could all easily be caused by the poor signal you've got at home.

If you're phone has no signal then it won't deliver/send texts or connect any calls. Have a check of your SMS outbox, is anything in their with 'unable to send' or similar?

The credit is the weird one, is there any chance you could have pocket dialed someone at some point? I'd get in touch with an Agent about that side of things: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Sadly new versions of apples products and os often has unexpected concequences that aren't fully known about until it's released. There'll likely be another update out soon.

solid247
Topics: 120
Kudos: 1,828
Best Answers: 415

If you've just upgraded to iOS7 and lost the internet, don't worry, we can help you find it again - with our step by step settings guide giff.ly/gg_ios7
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

chaosuk44
Topics: 10
Kudos: 336
Best Answers: 141

After the upgrade did you check the settings for the phone as apple don't see gg as a recognised carrier, and may set them back to o2.
If the settings are ok, then the new ios may have added an app that uses your data in the background, and if you dont have a goodybag it will use phone credit.
Remember to Accept solutions to problems (When you find the right one)
Give Kudos to those who deserve it :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
supporter
kimberlicious

Enter your iPhone settings manually. When I updated my iPhone it changed a few settings,
It does sound a bit strange though. Is it actual text messages or imessges people aren't getting.? Look at your text and iMessage settings. All of a sudden the other night my phone changed my iMessage and FaceTime settings and had to change them back. Worse case maybe restore your phone using your PC
Feel free to give me Kudos or mark my answer as a solution if I have helped.

alexc33
Kudos: 1,258
Best Answers: 923

[ Edited ]
I can not see how upgrading to iOS 7 will cost you money. The first thing you need check is do you still have an active goodybag?

Check your my Giffgaff page or Check your balance on your phone, Dial *100# for Credit Balance & *100*7# for Goodybag Status/Call Allowance.

Often the main reason for credit loss is no active goodybag and spending it on PAYG credit for data.

Only getting iMessages on wifi can be that if the sender is on an iPhone and they are sending an iMessage to another iPhone user and do not have revert to SMS when iMessage not possible then the message will store on the iMessage server until the receiver has a data connection and can receive it.
If you do not have a mobile data connection then you can not receive an iMessage until you do get either a 3G or wifi connection.
ip633

The loss of credit does sound strange, unless as alexc33 suggested, it's a result of data usage being charged from PAYG credit. Hopefully, an Agent will be able to give you a breakdown of how you've been charged, including calls, texts, and data.

It could be my imagination, but I'm sure my data consumption has increased since I changed to the new iPhone 5C, so maybe that's part of the problem, as far as your lost credit is concerned (depending on whether you have an active goodybag or not).

One interesting improvement that iOS 7 brings though, is a way of tracking data usage for each app that you have installed on your iPhone (you can even restrict data hungry apps to wifi only):

http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/25/ios-7-how-to-monitor-track-your-cellular-data-usage/
newcomer
74all

Hi members thank you.

I have received a response from an agent. It shows a breakdown of some recent calls/texts.

It doesn't however explain how I lost the money.

Thanks for your advice too, I have tried everything which is available to us in the forum.

Will update you soon.

Thanks

newcomer
74all

Great News!!

I have received my money back!!

This is what the agent wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to me about losing £6 credit after the 24th September.

I have double checked our systems and I can see that this credit has been lost so apologies for any confusion caused.

I am very happy to tell you that I have added this lost credit onto your account so don't be worrying.

Your new balance should now show as £6.01.

I hope this helps clear things up for you!

Good Luck,

I am not sure how this has happened though, do you?

Thanks!

ratty1987
Topics: 2
Kudos: 12
Best Answers: 10

Glad you got it sorted :smileyhappy: