Help & Support

newcomer
rajoo

iphone 4: connection to server failed

I keep getting this message when trying to connect to my mail. have 2 hotmail accounts, only difference between them is the email add, one works fine the other says connection to server failed. They both worked up until 8th dec and my main email add stopped working. Any ideas what the problem is and do you have any solutions.
Btw I have an iphone 4 running os5.01, but stopped working when I was on os5 (it worked for a while on os5 though) and updated it, but to no avail.

mary_r_t

Re: iphone 4: connection to server failed

does your internet work via the browser?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you are visiting the UK and want a sim sent to an international address, click here
Urban Myths - The truth is out there!
jfarrell2011
Topics: 5
Kudos: 17

Have you double checked for a typo, even better idea would be to delete the account on the phone and set it back up - assuming mail is all backed up to server?
If the problems been solved, then click the accept a solution link it helps people having the same problem find the solution quicker.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
lordvaderuk
Kudos: 106
Best Answers: 12

Seems to be a common enough problem, a quick Google (amazing search engine, worth a look) turned up this thread on the Apple support forum:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3401689?start=0&tstart=0

Worth looking through that since people have come up with solutions, mostly seems to involve setting up the Hotmail account again.

Was this reply helpful? Please click on the yellow star to the left to give Kudos if so - thanks!