Help & Support

head honcho
mitchell2010
Best Answer

is there a way

is there a way to turn off subscriptions to posts alltogether so i never get subscribed to any posts again as im sick of the emails

cheers

:smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy:

order a "hybrid" sim which can be used as a standard sim or can be pinched into a micro sim :smileyhappy:
coach
ovolactohippo

Re: is there a way

In "my community settings" go to "subscriptions and bookmarks" and turn off "automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in" :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim--- with £5 bonus credit

Please give kudos when deserved, and mark the post that solves your question using the options menu on the top right corner of that post :smileyhappy:
pw1987
Topics: 6
Kudos: 220
Best Answers: 64

Go into My Community Settings, then click on Subscriptions & Bookmarks, then it's the top option, just uncheck the box...
jamesey162
Topics: 28
Kudos: 124
Best Answers: 25

head honcho
mitchell2010

[ Edited ]

it was already turned off and has never been on 

ive only been subscribed to a few (without me doing anything to opt in to subscribe)

EDIT : i think the op of any certain thread can subscribe me in it as long as ive commented on the thread so dont think there's a way to turn it off completly so i don't get emails at all (well maybe opting out of giffgaff sending me emails but i want to keep that feature for my monthly statement and updates ETC.)

cheers for your help 

:smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy::smileyhappy:

order a "hybrid" sim which can be used as a standard sim or can be pinched into a micro sim :smileyhappy:
dan_the_man
Kudos: 368

[ Edited ]

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

Check the very first option - "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in" isn't ticked!

And then click "Save Changes" button at the bottom.

ALSO then go into "Email Subscriptions" at the top of the same page to turn off any subscriptions currently running!

jamesey162
Topics: 28
Kudos: 124
Best Answers: 25

When you receive an email go to the topic and at the topic you should see;

'Reply Tweet Post and Topic options'

Hover over the Topic Options and see if you can select unsubscribe from the list. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps!
coach
ovolactohippo

mitchell2010 wrote:

EDIT : i think the op of any certain thread can subscribe me in it as long as ive commented on the thread so dont think there's a way to turn it off completly so i don't get emails at all (well maybe opting out of giffgaff sending me emails but i want to keep that feature for my monthly statement and updates ETC.)

So it only happens occasionally?  That's weird... no-one else can subscribe you to a topic (they could email it to you but that's different).  I'm not sure why you get the odd one - I've always had subscriptions on, so no experience of turning them off... but i can't see why you;d get any at all!

Please give kudos when deserved, and mark the post that solves your question using the options menu on the top right corner of that post :smileyhappy:
head honcho
mitchell2010

[ Edited ]

yes it's just recently when i started getting them

even though i haven't configured any of my giffgaff settings

strange 

anyway i ticked the box to opt for subscriptions, saved then turned subscriptions off again and saved so Hopefully i wont get them anymore 

edit : deleted all subscription posts i have been opted into so if any more of them appear i know somethings wrong and ill try again with the settings if all fails again ill contact an agent to see if they can stop the emails

coach
ovolactohippo

mitchell2010 wrote:

yes it's just recently when i started getting them

even though i haven't configured any of my giffgaff settings

strange 

anyway i ticked the box to opt for subscriptions, saved then turned subscriptions off again and saved so Hopefully i wont get them anymore 

This was my next suggestion :smileywink: