Help & Support

newcomer
gbg727

it seems that being unable to buy G/bags has been going on all Dec

why is it that this problem is still going on? when will you have a fix? if i buy credit & you fix the bag problem will i be able to buy a G/bag & use it or will i have to wait till all credit has gone or wait till start of new month again? my G/bag runs out today & am not buying credit if this is the case & why has it gone on so long? Thanks Gary
Posted from Facebook
bertiebat

Re: it seems that being unable to buy G/bags has been going on all Dec

[ Edited ]

Sorry but you cannot buy another goodybag/gigabag  after 7pm on the day a live one expires. You will be able to get another one in the morning from around 9am onwards (maybe earlier).

To get around this you can queue a goodybag/gigabag (just buy another one anytime before 7pm on the live expiry day) and the queued one seamlessly replaces the live one between 10pm - midnight on the expiry day.

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
helper
fercho

does it have to be "ON THE EXACT DAY" that the live 1 expires (BEFORE 7PM) or can it be the day before???
newcomer
gbg727

ok cheers for that i will try in the morning, thanks for the quick reply
Posted from Facebook
novice
isma_hussain786

[ Edited ]

Goodybag 'Lockout' System 

Simply, if your goodybag ends today then you won't be able to buy a new goodybag as your old goodybag is in the process of being removed by the Giffgaff database and if you did buy a goodybag in this time there is a likeliness that your newly purchased goodybag may also get removed in the purchase. Thus, Giffgaff taking credit of your new goodybag but you yourself being deprived of the minutes, texts and web. This is called a 'lock out' time phase as you can only buy credit. To avoid this happening in the future you should try either the two suggested solutions next time a goodybag ends. 

- You should queue a goodybag a couple if days before your current goodybag is about to expire.
-Buy the new goodybag after 8:00am the next morning after your current goodybag expired

(edit - cannot ask for kudos)

bonusball

We wanted to let you know that we've made a slight change to the cut-off time you'll need to queue a Goodybag before on the day it expires.
**If you want to ensure an uninterrupted service/rollover from an old to a new Goodybag, you'll now need to queue it before 7pm on the day it is due to expire.**
Now, the eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that this has been moved slightly earlier than it was previously.

bertiebat

gbg727 wrote:
ok cheers for that i will try in the morning, thanks for the quick reply

You welcome, don't forget to mark a solution as it stops further replies :smileywink:

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
professor
sheddi

gbg727 wrote:
why is it that this problem is still going on? when will you have a fix? if i buy credit & you fix the bag problem will i be able to buy a G/bag & use it or will i have to wait till all credit has gone or wait till start of new month again? my G/bag runs out today & am not buying credit if this is the case & why has it gone on so long? Thanks Gary

Goodybags are working for the vast majority of people and have done all month.

If yours aren't., please report it to an agent and ask them to fix the stuck goodybag on your account.

Giffgaff's company motto: Communication is our business, not our strong point.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
To order a SIM from me (go on, you know you want to), click here: Get a free Giffgaff Sim
d_eagleton

fercho wrote:
does it have to be "ON THE EXACT DAY" that the live 1 expires (BEFORE 7PM) or can it be the day before???

You can queue a goodybag whenever you want, (except as above) ie you dont have to do it on the same day your live one expires. So yes day before, or even before that is fine :smileyhappy:

Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
bluemoonbaz

Its quite simple just queue a goody bag the day before it runs out and you have no problems
Get a free giffgaff Sim

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/blackberry-addon-fix-please-support/idi-p/3357539