Help & Support

newcomer
misskatkins
Best Answer

maestro cards

Why can we not use a maestro card on the site for topping up or applying for a fone
endorphin
Kudos: 8,256
Best Answers: 6,100

Re: maestro cards

"Maestro doesn't allow unattended recurring charges which is why it can't be used for auto topup or recurring bags. It can be used for attended individual purchases though " (courtesy of darrenpainter)
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
sloz

You should be able to top up with the card manually
But you can't use the card for auto recurring or buying a phone on a monthly basis unfortunately
helper
paigekyle19

its possible to use it to top up manually
kevgaxx

You can make individual top ups with a maestro card, but regular recurring payments aren't accepted. This is due to maestro policy if I recall - I don't think that giffgaff have any choice in the matter.

Anyway, if you want to make an individual purchase you need to enter " 00 " as the card issue number.
newcomer
misskatkins

Why
academic
mahmood_01

Contact an agent and they will help you mate
islandstifle
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,285
Best Answers: 508

mahmood_01 wrote:
Contact an agent and they will help you mate

No they won't. This isn't something that agents are able to help with.

The rules of the Maestro scheme (established by the banks that issue Maestro cards) state that recurring transactions are not permitted against Maestro cards. So if you want to use one, you can use it for purchasing goodybags and credit on a one-off basis. You'll need a different type of card, such as MasterCard or Visa (credit or debit), to recur a goodybag or make other recurring payments. Unfortunately giffgaff isn't in a position to change or make exceptions to those rules.

Very few banks issue Maestro cards any more (the only major ones I'm aware of in the UK are Clydesdale and Danske) so it may be easier to apply for an account at another bank that gives a Visa debit card.

All my posts are typed individually for your specific problem and I never copy/paste from a script.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu, as this is not supported and may result in your query going to the wrong area.
newcomer
misskatkins

If it doesnt allow recurring transactions why can my talk talk . Sky. And other monthly things work
allan1954
Topics: 281
Kudos: 1,684
Best Answers: 372

all you can do is ask the agent as we on this forum do not no.
Get a free giffgaff Sim