Help & Support

newcomer
skislam94

my giffgaff number

I would like to know how to find out my giffgaff number ive activated my sim but havent topped up yet
dalan
Topics: 117
Kudos: 5,678
Best Answers: 4,037

Re: my giffgaff number

Hi
You have to top up to finish activating your sim. Then you will get your gg number
Follow this procedure
Activation

Go to your my gg dashboard, click activate, then enter the code from the card. There are no zero's or O's in the codes.
In addition, you can insert the SIM Serial Number instead - this is the 19 digits printed on your SIM card (right before 3Ggg1*) when activating your sim.

Sim activation is fully complete after you have topped up with the minimum of £10. Sim activation usually takes 5 to 30 minutes but can be up to 24 hours. Please be patient and keep checking your 'My Giffgaff' page, you new giffgaff number will appear on the top left had side of your dashboard. You can also Use this link

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/GiffGaff-Short-Codes-Access-Hidden-Parts-Qu...

To check your goodybag balance, remaining minutes and expiry of your goodybag, and much more.

Or read here for an in depth account on how to activate a sim card. See the link below.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Complete-guide-to-activating-your-new-giffg...

If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click Banner Above For A Free Sim Or Micro Sim With £5 Credit.
smiler667
Topics: 31
Kudos: 994
Best Answers: 967

You will need to complete the activation process before a number is allocated to you.

See the link below on activating the giffgaff sim http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/How-do-I-activate-my-SIM/ta-p/3487439

After activating your SIM you'll notice your 'my giffgaff' page displays this note "Activation in progress" note, which means your activation has gone through fine, but now the giffgaff systems are preparing your SIM card for use.

usually activations take 30mins to complete, but it can take up two 24 hours for activations to fully complete, then you will able to check your balances and new giffgaff number in the 'my giffgaff' section page.

Once you can see your credit and new giffgaff number online, only then you will begin to be able to make calls on your phone and begin to use any credit or check balance.

if the activation is still not completed after 24 hours then best bet would be to contact an agent, as only they can look into this for you. Here's a link to contact them - https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/activations
please note giffgaff agents can take up two 24 hours to reply to any questions.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
nerakb

If you haven't topped up during your part of the process,you haven't activated your sim.

Go through the activation process again and top up by at least £10/purchase a goodybag.Activation should take about 30 minutes to fully complete after you've done your part of the process but can take upto 24 hours.You'll then be allocated your number,which can be found on your homepage (don't post it here),

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

rumee
Topics: 3
Kudos: 16
Best Answers: 4

that is not activated , when you activate the sim you will be assigned a number go to the process and top up during activation.

£5 free credit with the sim from banner,look below:smileyhappy:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
jcalvy
Topics: 7
Kudos: 308
Best Answers: 140

Hello,

Numbers are only allocated once you have fully activated your sim. To complete the activation you need to top up by a minimum of £10. Please note that sims usually take 30 minutes to completely activate but in rare cases it can take up to 24 hours.

All the best!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
demonix00
Topics: 2
Kudos: 75
Best Answers: 22

You wouldn't have a number as the SIM card hasn't been activated as the activation procedure requires a top up or purchasing of a goodybag.

That needs to be done before the SIM card can be activated and a number assigned to it.
apprentice
msheikh15

It should be on the post you received with your sim card 

and/or you could also find out by logging into 'My giffgaff' and it should be there on the main page. 

Hope that helps.

Get a free giffgaff Sim