Help & Support

beginner
mariacburton
Best Answer

no credit card to activate sim

Hi trying to activate sim but have no credit card just top up voucher or pay pal account, my credit card still got address of my house abroad and do not want to change this is it possible to actovate sim or not
islandstifle
Topics: 22
Kudos: 1,211
Best Answers: 488

Re: no credit card to activate sim

No you don't need a card to activate your SIM, you can do it with a top-up voucher which you can get from your local corner shop, supermarket, post office, or WHSmith. Many of these sell specific giffgaff vouchers, but an O2 one will do too. £10 is the cost.

All my posts are typed individually for your specific problem and I never copy/paste from a script.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu, as this is not supported and may result in your query going to the wrong area.
figment_uk
Kudos: 4,504
Best Answers: 2,525

mariacburton wrote:
Hi trying to activate sim but have no credit card just top up voucher or pay pal account, my credit card still got address of my house abroad and do not want to change this is it possible to actovate sim or not

Sure you can activate the SIM usding a voucher, but you have to redeem the voucher online during the registration/activation process (the 43430 top-up line isn't available until your SIM is activated) Follow the instructions below:

Using the full site

• Go to the activation page https://giffgaff.com/activate
  • Enter the 6 digit activation code and click Continue
  • On the next page, do one of two things:

If paying by debit or credit card (click below)

Spoiler
  • Click 'Select' under the product group you wish to buy. If you have a Blackberry using a version of BB OS earlier than V10, don't forget you will also need the BB add-on to use BBM, email and internet, so use the Blackberry plans section to buy your goodybag + BB add-on

Capture.JPG

• Choose the product value you wish to purchase and click 'Select' to add it to your basket. If you've chosen a goodybag, you now get the opportunity to add airtime credit too.
  • Click 'Continue' when all products are in your basket. If you chose a goodybag in the previous step, you now set goodybags to recur (optional)
  • Add/change your details if necessary, click 'Continue'
  • Enter your card details and confirm the order.

That's it, your SIM card will now start the activation process.

If using a voucher (click below)

Spoiler
  • Scroll down the page and click 'select' under the moneybag in the section titled "If you have a top-up voucher"
    Capture.JPG
  • Enter or amend your details if necessary. click 'Continue'
  • Enter the 16 digit voucher code, click 'Redeem'

That's it, your SIM card will now start the activation process.

If you wish to purchase a goodybag from the credit you've just added, you can do this via the order page after your SIM has activated.

Once your SIM is activated, you'll probably want to exchange the credit for a goodybag

To buy a goodybag from credit:

• Click "Select" under Goodybags or Blackberry plans
  • Click "Select" on the Goodybag you want
  • Click "Continue" in Your basket
  • Click "Continue"
  • Click "Exchange airtime credit"

Notes:

• "Exchange airtime credit" is only an option if you have enough credit to pay for the goodybag you've selected
  • If you usually use recurring goodybags, you must turn them off before buying a goodybag from credit
  • You cannot buy a goodybag if you already have the maximum  of one live, and one queued, goodybag.
  • The option to exchange airtime credit for a goodybag will not appear under the following circumstances, as these options require payment via debit or credit card:
    • you add additional credit, to your basket; or
    • you set your goodybag to recur; or
    • you set credit to auto top-up;
poppy55
Topics: 8
Kudos: 102
Best Answers: 47

Welcome to giffgaff.

You can use an O2 or giffgaff top up voucher. Sounds like you may already have one? If not you can buy at many shops.

Good luck and post again if you have more questions.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
myusuf
Topics: 17
Kudos: 40
Best Answers: 19

You don't need credit card to activate your sim. You can buy top-up vouchers from local shops.
dabbler
saeed24

use a voucher
team_leader
Topics: 28
Kudos: 358
Best Answers: 54

Hi
No worries, I did it with a top up voucher as well, go ahead if you can't get a giffgaff voucher just use a £10 o2 top up voucher
sauron
Topics: 39
Best Answers: 241

Yes it is but if your using o2 voucher and not a GG one then it can take a few hours before the system can see the voucher due to them not being native and this is why it is best to buy the GG one if sold

Get a free giffgaff Sim
trainee
hameshasharif

If your credit card information don't match to your status then it won't register your details unless it's legal however you can use the voucher or 02 voucher to top up :smileyhappy:
beginner
mariacburton

Thank you I have done that and I am no on and all.ok tks a lot for your help