Help & Support

newcomer
cathode

no mobile network available

Hi - i have a samsung galaxy S2 and have been trying to make calls today but it always comes up with no mobile network available - this is the second time it has happened to me in the last mon th - i have plenty of credit - also for some reason when i am out of the house my husband cannot reach me on the mobile from the landline - it just cuts off - very annoying! although i have been able to make calls from the same place to others and to the landline at home. Please can anyone offer any advice - thanks

mentor
lady_gaga

Re: no mobile network available

Check to see if there are any outages in the mobile network where you are by entering your postcode Here

If OK then, see if doing a manual roam helps Here

And maybe worth trying  removing your simcard from your phone then put it back in, and restart REBOOT your phone

Remember to choose a "Solution" when you find it. :smileyhappy: Sims (this will be hybrid SIM which has a MICRO/standard SIM ( 2in1), plus get a free £5 credit upon activation.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
greenman
Topics: 124
Kudos: 722
Best Answers: 292

[ Edited ]

Phone reception is not the same wherever you are.

When you lose contact check to see if you have any signal bars on your phone.

In shops, multi storey carparks etc you will have a poor signal.

If that is not the problem it is likely to be your phone.

Try turning off and removing battery for 10 minutes before replacing.

This gives a cleaner network link.

newcomer
cathode

Thanks have rebooted but not for 10 minutes but it also seems to be this problem of cutting off immediately when i get a call from the home landline - and i have been able to receive calls on it at work from others.

greenman
Topics: 124
Kudos: 722
Best Answers: 292

cathode wrote:

Thanks have rebooted but not for 10 minutes but it also seems to be this problem of cutting off immediately when i get a call from the home landline - and i have been able to receive calls on it at work from others.

Removing the battery is the important bit.

Is this a new problem or have you always had it with this phone on giffgaff?

newcomer
cathode

new problem

newcomer
cathode

Hi everyone thanks for your help - we have solved the problem! my home number was accidentally set to blacklist!!!! so now it is working and the problem with no mobile network has been solved by rebooting - thanks

newcomer
robbothecaveman

Hi, I have also had a nightmare day today. Last night I noticed my mobile battery draining quickly. Seems in hindsight to be looking for cell caused this. Today I noticed "no network". I am on EE, recently Orange&T mobile. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Still off. I will try the battery removal/reboot tomorrow to give the engineers time to FIX IT.
beginner
neelambatool

ask an agent