Help & Support

newcomer
tyecam

phone number.

How can I find out my phone number. It isn't on the sim card.
aj247

Re: phone number.

[ Edited ]
Text "number" to 2020
Once sim is fully activated
Get a free giffgaff Sim
richarddavidson
Topics: 12
Kudos: 209
Best Answers: 94

You don't get a number until you've activated your SIM.

Once your SIM is fully activated you will see your new number in the top left hand column of your My giffgaff page. https://giffgaff.com/dashboard
Get a free giffgaff Sim
nerakb

You'll be allocated with your giffgaff number once you've done your part of the activation process (including topping up by at least £10) and activation has fully completed.Activation should then take about 30 minutes to fully complete (generally quicker) but can take upto 24 hours.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

bluemoonbaz

tyecam wrote:
How can I find out my phone number. It isn't on the sim card.

hi and welcome to giffgaff

Text "number" to 2020
Once your simcard is fully activated

or look under your username in my giffgaff dashboard

Get a free giffgaff Sim

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/blackberry-addon-fix-please-support/idi-p/3357539

dalan
Topics: 113
Kudos: 4,716
Best Answers: 3,545

Hi.
Your number is allocated once you activate your sim.
See here.
Activation

Go to your my gg dashboard, click activate, then enter the code from the card. There are no zero's or O's in the codes.
In addition, you can insert the SIM Serial Number instead - this is the 19 digits printed on your SIM card (right before 3Ggg1*) when activating your sim.

Sim activation is fully complete after you have topped up with the minimum of £10. Sim activation usually takes 5 to 30 minutes but can be up to 24 hours. Please be patient and keep checking your 'My Giffgaff' page, you new giffgaff number will appear on the top left had side of your dashboard. You can also Use this link

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/GiffGaff-Short-Codes-Access-Hidden-Parts-Qu...

To check your goodybag balance, remaining minutes and expiry of your goodybag, and much more.
Also try clearing your browser history. Logging out and back in again. Also try another browser or the mobile site.
Or read here for an in depth account on how to activate a sim card. See the link below.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Complete-guide-to-activating-your-new-giffg...
If it helps,
Feel free to use this post at a later date
If I helped click ''solutions and kudos'' thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click Banner Above For A Free Sim Or Micro Sim With £5 Credit.
mentor
carolinel

it will appear on your giffgaff page when the sim activates
newcomer
macmaddy

You will know your number only on activation. If you do want your old number to be ported you can do it after activating your sim and then fill the form on the page giffgaff.com/support/transfer which will troll you stepby step what to do. Regards
Topics: 0
Kudos: 13
Best Answers: 4

when you have activated your sim you will find your number on your mygiffgaff page

Get a free giffgaff Sim
tlcshop
Topics: 2
Kudos: 225
Best Answers: 73

They don't allocate you a number until you actually join.
When you activate your account and buy a goodybag or top up at least £10 credit then the activation process starts. This takes up to 24 hours (sometimes you will find most parts of giffgaff and your phone will start working within 30 minutes, but it may take a full day for everything to be working properly), and at some point in this 24 hours your number will be displayed on My Giffgaff for you.