Help & Support

newcomer
pierceglennie
Best Answer

"A Data Connection Is Not Currently Allowed"

I've been using GiffGaff happily for a few months now with my iPhone 4. However on Friday the mobile internet connection suddenly cut out for no apparent reason and has not returned. If I try to access the Internet (not over WiFi) I get the message 'A Data Connection Is Not Currently Allowed'. I don't understand what's happened at all since I hadn't changed any settings in my phone (and I've double checked them) and I've tried it in various areas where other people on O2 with an iPhone 4 are getting a good 3G connection. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate them and if a giffgaff staff member is reading perhaps they could check my account (I tried to report this to an agent but the form wasn't working - pressing the submit button didn't do anything).

Thanks,

Pierce

enigma
sonesor

Re: "A Data Connection Is Not Currently Allowed"

[ Edited ]

Have you tried going to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network (or Mobile Data Network)

then scroll to the bottom and hit RESET NETWORK SETTINGS, power the phone off and on then go in and enter the settings again

Sometimes cures little errors like this

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
contributor
socrates

Agree with sonesor, sometimes a peculiar iphone4 issue. Try resetting as above and it might sort itself out

Click banner above for free sim, If you'd like fast 1st class delivery of sim/micro sim PM me
mba_263
Topics: 70
Kudos: 431
Best Answers: 78

Also remove sim could help
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you want your free Sim simply follow the below link, and gain yourself free £5 credit !!: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/mba_263
newcomer
pierceglennie

Thanks for that - resetting the network settings didn't seem to help but removing the SIM worked. Good as new now!!
newcomer
powerweaver

Thanks for this - removing and replacing the sim has just worked for me too after renewing all the settings had done nothing to restore data - my iphone 3g is fully operational once more