Help & Support

newcomer
paulkstokes
Best Answer

"Divert Activated" message when dialling

Every time I dial a number I am greeted with the message "Divert Activated". Eventually the phone at the other end rings, and the call is successful. However...

• Sometimes I get "Dialing" ...then 10-30 seconds later get "Divert Activated" ...then the phone rings.
  • Sometimes "Divert Activated" appears almost immediately ...and then the phone rings

My forwarding services are all disabled, so I know it's nothing to do with those.

Questions:

1. What does the "Divert Activated" message actually mean? Does it mean I'm being routed via a different network? Does it mean giffgaff are doing some internal diverting/rerouting? Or what....?
  2. Why is this random?  It's very frustrating to try dialling someone and then be wondering whether I've got it wrong ...until I look at the handset and see the message ...sometimes.
expert
samsams88

Re: "Divert Activated" message when dialling

As far as I'm aware the divert activated means that the person you're calling has an active divert - is it for certain people or everyone? I may be wrong though...im no expert!
Get a free Giffgaff SimGet a free Giffgaff Sim
jackfifield
Topics: 13
Kudos: 47
Best Answers: 36
Mobile Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

[ Edited ]

Do you have voicemail on? Otherwise it might be that, since after a certain number of rings, your number forwards to the voicemail number.

Voicemail is on by default.

Voicemail: 

(Save these to your contacts)

Voicemail Off: #004#

Voicemail On: *004#

Dial them and a pop up will come up on your screen telling you that you've (de)activated voicemail.

I'd recommend dialing the Voicemail Off number and then calling a number and see if it's still happening.

Remember to save the numbers to your contacts, as they're useful anyway.

Remember to accept an answer to your question if it has been answered.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
mba_263
Topics: 70
Kudos: 428
Best Answers: 78

is this for all numbers?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you want your free Sim simply follow the below link, and gain yourself free £5 credit !!: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/mba_263
locksmith
Kudos: 349

Sounds like you have some sort of divert activated on your phone.

Try checking to see if anything is set up
To Check: * # 21 # [SEND]

and if it's not what you want
To Cancel: # # 21 # [SEND]

1hale
Topics: 530
Kudos: 2,434
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 24
Best Answers: 215

Basically it shows you that whilst on the existing call then if a second person tries to call you then they will automatically get diverted to voicemail.

My phone sometimes displays "note you have active diverts" and means the same thing.

Hope this helps.
newcomer
paulkstokes

[ Edited ]

Samsams88

"the person you're calling has an active divert"

• I'm dialling my home landline, am sat next to it, and it has no divert features :smileyhappy:

1hale

"whilst on the existing call then if a second person tries to call you then they will automatically get diverted to voicemail"

• This pointed me in the right direction (Jackfifield almost got me there, just wasn't clear enough for my brain)...

Jackfifield : "after a certain number of rings, your number forwards to the voicemail number"

So I've disabled Voicemail (yes, using Jackfifield's instructions) - 1hale's answer got the thumbs-up because it enabled me to understand what was happening. Thanks guys.

jackfifield
Topics: 13
Kudos: 47
Best Answers: 36
Mobile Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

Sorry, I'll try to make it clearer next time :smileyhappy:
Remember to accept an answer to your question if it has been answered.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
paulkstokes

:smileysurprised:...I hope there isn't a "next time" ...otherwise I will have really messed up the phone!