on 29-09-2011 09:10
Every time I dial a number I am greeted with the message "Divert Activated". Eventually the phone at the other end rings, and the call is successful. However...
- Sometimes I get "Dialing" ...then 10-30 seconds later get "Divert Activated" ...then the phone rings.
- Sometimes "Divert Activated" appears almost immediately ...and then the phone rings
My forwarding services are all disabled, so I know it's nothing to do with those.
- What does the "Divert Activated" message actually mean? Does it mean I'm being routed via a different network? Does it mean giffgaff are doing some internal diverting/rerouting? Or what....?
- Why is this random? It's very frustrating to try dialling someone and then be wondering whether I've got it wrong ...until I look at the handset and see the message ...sometimes.
This question has a Best Answer. Go to Best Answer
on 29-09-2011 09:14
29-09-2011 09:14 - edited 29-09-2011 09:27
Do you have voicemail on? Otherwise it might be that, since after a certain number of rings, your number forwards to the voicemail number.
Voicemail is on by default.
(Save these to your contacts)
Voicemail Off: #004#
Voicemail On: *004#
Dial them and a pop up will come up on your screen telling you that you've (de)activated voicemail.
I'd recommend dialing the Voicemail Off number and then calling a number and see if it's still happening.
Remember to save the numbers to your contacts, as they're useful anyway.
on 29-09-2011 09:18
Sounds like you have some sort of divert activated on your phone.
Try checking to see if anything is set up
To Check: * # 21 # [SEND]
and if it's not what you want
To Cancel: # # 21 # [SEND]
on 29-09-2011 09:22
My phone sometimes displays "note you have active diverts" and means the same thing.
Hope this helps.
29-09-2011 09:42 - edited 29-09-2011 09:43
"the person you're calling has an active divert"
- I'm dialling my home landline, am sat next to it, and it has no divert features
"whilst on the existing call then if a second person tries to call you then they will automatically get diverted to voicemail"
- This pointed me in the right direction (Jackfifield almost got me there, just wasn't clear enough for my brain)...
Jackfifield : "after a certain number of rings, your number forwards to the voicemail number"
So I've disabled Voicemail (yes, using Jackfifield's instructions) - 1hale's answer got the thumbs-up because it enabled me to understand what was happening. Thanks guys.