Help & Support

newcomer
mijan_kamali
Best Answer

samsung galaxy ace : internet works, calls and texts doesnt...

On my samsung galaxy ace, it says emergency calls only, which basically means I have no network coverage. Now what concerns me is that I have access to the internet, but funly enough I requested giffgaff to unbar my phone and the replacement sim had come and I have activated it, on my giffgaff it shows my activation is complete. But I still dont have access to recieving or making calls and texts. What do I need to do to unbar/unblock my phone and sim, because my topup runs out on the 22nd july, im not satisfied with the service im gettinf recently because there is no number for me to directly contact the agents, ive also rebooted my phone with the battery and sim out, waited half an hour, and there is no sign of any texts from giffgaff for unblocking my phone, and I dont have my code for unblocking my phone as I have requested several times. If I do not get my service within the next few days, i will simply opt out of giffgaff and just move onto something that gives service...
andyhubbert
Topics: 34
Kudos: 273
Best Answers: 103

Re: samsung galaxy ace : internet works, calls and texts doesnt...

In order to unblock your phone you'll need to contact an agent here: http://giffgaff.com/support/ask this process will take up to 3 days to complete however

Your problem could also be down to the new sim as this can take up to 24 hours to fully activate and sort itself out with all the systems
Get a free giffgaff Sim
alant

Why was your phone barred, was it reported lost/stolen?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
furacrazy
Topics: 37
Kudos: 430
Best Answers: 40

If only data is working on your phone and its sayin emergency calls only thats means your phone is blocked in the uk, ive had this problem in the past. Try putting your sim another phone and see if you can make calls, then you will know if it is your phone which is blocked/barred. If it is barred there is no way of unbarring it :smileysad:
bigdave2010
Topics: 24
Kudos: 377
Best Answers: 193

to get your mobile unblocked you will need to contact a agent  on this link mate  http://bit.ly/giffgaffagent 

newcomer
mijan_kamali

@alant, yes I reported my phone was lost, I found it, buh got my replacement sim, got rid of my old one as it is now no use, I activated my new sim, but my calls and texts isn't working, also it says I have no network, when strangely my internet works...

@Furacrazy, I thought they can unblock/unbar my handset as it is an option in their LOST/STOLEN service?
Topics: 231
Kudos: 1,726
Best Answers: 312

[ Edited ]

if you reported your phone as stolen a imei bar is placed on the handset making it unusable in the uk. only the agents can lift the imei bar. contact them and explain

Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
mijan_kamali

Hhaaaarrrry thats exactly what I need! It definitely is what it sounds like I need, do you or anyone have any idea what the number could be for me to contact them, or how I can contact them about my imei unblocking etc. ?
Topics: 231
Kudos: 1,726
Best Answers: 312

you cannot call them it's online only I'm afraid. contact the agents here

https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/
Get a free giffgaff Sim