Help & Support

newcomer
mummy09
Best Answer

samsung wave 723 Internet and mms settings

I've text settings to 2020 I got a message back saying "we had problems dealing with your request for settings. Don't worry,there is a step by step help here at giffgaff.com" but I cant find them. Anyone able to help please?

coach
ovolactohippo

Re: samsung wave 723 Internet and mms settings

You could try using the settings for the S8500 Wave - there's a thread about it here:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Internet-Settings-for-Samsung-Wave...

where it is suggested to delete your other connection settings first and then text SETTINGS to 2020 (may well not work given what you've already said but couldn't hurt to delete the others and try again).

There is another solution here which takes a little more effort:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Internet-settings-for-Samsung-Wave...

And the standard APN settings for giffgaff are here if you need to input them all manually:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Definitive-APN-Settings-list/td-p/1279

Get a free Giffgaff Sim--- with £5 bonus credit

Please give kudos when deserved, and mark the post that solves your question using the options menu on the top right corner of that post :smileyhappy:
newcomer
mummy09

thank you
coach
ovolactohippo

Did one of the above suggestions work for you?  Would be useful if you could let us know which one so that we can use this for future reference with other users of the S7230 :smileyhappy:

Please give kudos when deserved, and mark the post that solves your question using the options menu on the top right corner of that post :smileyhappy:
newcomer
mummy09

Well I just tried them and my phone does not have a option to delete profiles and vive got o2 settings but it will not let me edit it

coach
ovolactohippo

Have you tried inputting the giffgaff settings as a new APN / Connection / WAP Settings (depending on the terminology used by your phone it could be called any of these or perhaps something slightly different!) ?

It is a longer process to manually set them up like this, but might be the only way.

newcomer
mummy09

ill try that now thanks

coach
ovolactohippo

mummy09 wrote:

ill try that now thanks

Let us know how it goes or if you get stuck :smileyhappy:

newcomer
mummy09

ive created a giffgaff profile  but it wont let me select it

coach
ovolactohippo

[ Edited ]

Does it not allow you to click on it in your list of settings?  I've no experience with that phone, but I'm guessing it works similarly to the other Wave branded phone.  Is this:

http://mobilereviews.o2.co.uk/devices/device.jsp?deviceId=661&tab=8&step=2&settingId=3263

essentially what you did?

(EDIT: Obviously with the giffgaff settings, not O2...)