Help & Support

vanguard
skhan_786
Best Answer

stop my htc one from syncing picasa

How do I delete the picasa pics that are on my phone and stop my phone from syncing more
Get a free giffgaff Sim
sonia_93
Topics: 1
Kudos: 20
Best Answers: 6

Re: stop my htc one from syncing picasa

hi, check on picasa, there should be a option on synchronization to be turned off

motivator
hosaam123

Check on the app there maybe an option to turn it off
Get a free giffgaff Sim
kevgaxx

On my admittedly old Android, I go to settings > accounts and sync > then I switch off background data and auto-sync.

I'm not sure about deleting the picasa stuff. Ferret about in your apps, and delete the files and data cache for picasa if you can. A file manager app can help too.

I use X-plore and DiskUsage to keep track of my phone stuff.
titchen
Best Answers: 114

[ Edited ]

Hi skhan_786,

I know how annoying it is having it syncing when you don't want to, I encountered the same problem too, but it's really simple to fix!

You'll have to go into settings, then accounts (clicking on your Google one), then either disable the option 'Sync Picasa Web albums' or select 'Google+' , then 'Camera & photos', then 'Auto-backup' and finally turn it off via the 'switch' in the top right corner.

To delete the Picasa pictures on your phone, go into your gallery once completing the steps above, if it's still there (which it shouldn't be) then long press the album and delete. If this is not possible, then you'll have to clear your gallery data, go to 'settings', 'apps', then 'gallery', and 'clear data' and 'clear cache'.

That's it, you're done, you won't have the auto-sync albums cluttering up your gallery anymore. :smileyhappy:

Have a nice day.

mir1
Topics: 0
Kudos: 12
Best Answers: 6

hi there, i just had a little play around with it and this is what i think you have to do

go to settings then accounts and then disable the "sync option"

bigdaveuk
Topics: 77
Kudos: 896
Best Answers: 327

look on your app for the option to stop syncing
Get a free giffgaff Sim
danmullen
Topics: 17
Kudos: 215
Best Answers: 64

• Go to Settings
  • Select "Accounts"
  • Select "Google"
  • Click your Google account email address, (with the green sync icon to the left)
  • Untick "Google Photos"
rebelyell
Topics: 235
Kudos: 2,537
Ideas: 1
Best Answers: 568

Go to settings, accounts and see if there is a Picasa account set to sync. If so switch it off.

If not then it is probably Google+ that is syncing your photos. If that is the case press on your Google account. When it opens press on your email address with the green circle next to it.

Scroll down to Google photos and uncheck the tick box.
saba95
Topics: 1
Kudos: 12
Best Answers: 4

hi, if you go to settings and then account settings, there should be a option to turn of sync