Help & Support

newcomer
ornela

top up

Hello, there is a problem when I am trying to top up online. I have tried 3 days now and the message i get is the same. ''We haven't been able to process your payment due to a bank decline. We suggest you contact your bank if you want to use this card to top-up.''

My sister, my partner and my parents are trying to top up too but it is impossible. I need to use my phone these days for work and I cant.

Please can you fix this problem?

kingeurope
Kudos: 108
Best Answers: 64

Re: top up

It could be a number of reasons.

Giffgaff's website only accepts UK credit and debit cards.

Alternatively, you can top up with an o2 voucher that you can buy at most ATMs and supermarket tills.

Need a Giffgaff SIM? Thinking of joining? Click the banner above to get a Giffgaff SIM with £5 free credit after activation
shakir0123
Topics: 9
Kudos: 93
Best Answers: 11

buy a voucher and see if it works
Get a free giffgaff Sim
alexc33
Kudos: 1,186
Best Answers: 876

Can you try using another browser as this may resolve the issue.

Check your payment history and your bank/credit card accounts to make sure the payments haven't been taken from them. There have been reports by some people where they have had payment declines but money still taken and no top up or goodybag delivered.

If there is an issue with payments taken then ask an agent to resolve and refund if necessary.
kylie_ysyeng19
Kudos: 397
Best Answers: 336

Hi ornela, welcome to giffgaff and Im sorry to hear about this

I would suggest you try a different browser or clear the cache

This seems to solve the problem

Also you may want to check with your bank/card issuer if you have sufficient balance in your account and that there are no restrictions on your card.

I understand your frustration not being able to topup. Meanwhile, you may want to use a voucher to topup. You can purchase an O2/giffgaff topup from most stores providing epay, payzone or paypoint services or the Post office.

Then, 

The voucher can be redeemed from your giffgaff mobile, or online.

From your mobile

Call  43430 for free with your giffgaff phone and follow the voice prompts along the way.

1. Log in and head to Top-up 
  2. Scroll down until you find "Top-up features". 
  3. Click on use it online to load the top-up by voucher page
  4. Enter your voucher's 16 digits code in the field - if the code is rejected, see here how to solve it.
  5. Click on "Redeem". 

Please note that top-up vouchers can take up to24 hours to be applied to your account balance. 

Have a look at http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/How-do-I-top-up-using-a-giffgaff-top-up-vouche... for more info

Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
ornela

top up

Hello,

I already sent a message before and I am waiting for a reply. I need to top up and I CANNOT . please fix this problem. I tried  so many times and used different debit cards.

kingeurope
Kudos: 108
Best Answers: 64

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

You can alternatively top up using an o2 voucher, which you can buy in many shops;

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/Where-can-I-buy-top-up-vouchers/ta-p/3517485

Need a Giffgaff SIM? Thinking of joining? Click the banner above to get a Giffgaff SIM with £5 free credit after activation
alexc33
Kudos: 1,186
Best Answers: 876

[ Edited ]
You already have answers in the thread you started before. Look through there to see the answers.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/top-up/td-p/10413201
kylie_ysyeng19
Kudos: 397
Best Answers: 336

Have you tried what I suggested in your previous post

Hi ornela, welcome to giffgaff and Im sorry to hear about this

I would suggest you try a different browser or clear the cache

This seems to solve the problem

Also you may want to check with your bank/card issuer if you have sufficient balance in your account and that there are no restrictions on your card.

I understand your frustration not being able to topup. Meanwhile, you may want to use a voucher to topup. You can purchase an O2/giffgaff topup from most stores providing epay, payzone or paypoint services or the Post office.

Then, 

The voucher can be redeemed from your giffgaff mobile, or online.

From your mobile

Call  43430 for free with your giffgaff phone and follow the voice prompts along the way.

1. Log in and head to Top-up 
  2. Scroll down until you find "Top-up features". 
  3. Click on use it online to load the top-up by voucher page
  4. Enter your voucher's 16 digits code in the field - if the code is rejected, see here how to solve it.
  5. Click on "Redeem". 

Please note that top-up vouchers can take up to24 hours to be applied to your account balance. 

Have a look at http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/How-do-I-top-up-using-a-giffgaff-top-up-vouche... for more info

Please try to stick to one post, you'll get more replies that way and its easier to troubleshoot if its in one place
Get a free giffgaff Sim
newcomer
ornela

It is not only me , but nobody from my friends can top up, and they have different bank accounts. I will try with a voucher , thanks