Help & Support

newcomer
trinhdo
Best Answer

unlock iphone 4 IOS 6.0 ( network Orange UK)

I am using iphone 4 IOS 6.0 with Orange network.

I want to unlock to use the giffgaff sim. When I brought my iphone to unlock shop but they said they couldn't unlock IOS 6.0.

Do you know how can I unlock my iphone? Help me!!!

Thank you.

rijon99
Kudos: 165
Best Answers: 75

Re: unlock iphone 4 IOS 6.0 ( network Orange UK)

Call up Orange and ask them to unlock it, you may have to pay a fee.
If my post has helped you, please press the kudos button (White star below):smileyhappy:
gaffout
Kudos: 1,892
Best Answers: 1,384

Your only option will be through orange direct.

I done it recently. It cost me £20 and I had to wait 2-3 weeks
Please remember to choose a 'BEST ANSWER' Where you received one & give a little KUDOS to those who helped :-)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
alexc33
Kudos: 1,261
Best Answers: 923

Best bet would be to get Orange to do it. If you don't have their sim anymore get a PAYG sim top it up and unlock it through their website or phone shop (£15-20). This way you know it will be done properly and it's cheaper than those unlocking sites.

newcomer
trinhdo

Thanks.

But I bought it from my friend.

Orange ask the first owner to go to the orange shop to cancel contact. But now my friend is not in the UK. :smileysad:

That is a reason I can't unlock in the Orange shop.

ann2020
Topics: 7
Kudos: 142
Best Answers: 81

You be safer contacting the network its on to get it unlocked ther will be a charge gor this mate
Get a free giffgaff Sim
miva72
Topics: 45
Kudos: 254
Best Answers: 74

sorry but only Orange can unlock it they normal take about 2/3 weeks if phone out of contract they might not charge
but have been know to charge £20
but you soon save more than that
when you more over to
Giffgaff
Sorry could not help you anymore that this Good Luck :smileyhappy:
Drop me a Kudos if you think I have helped Click The Star Thank You.:smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
chaperon
kt_foolkid

call orange and ask for how much or u can check unloack on ebay

or get turbo sim tats cheapest option
Get a free giffgaff Sim
smaugsbane
Topics: 8
Kudos: 986
Best Answers: 179

There's a lot of people out there who weill tell you anything about unlocking iPhones.  Most of it is untrue.

1. There is one - and only one - way to get your iPhone officially unlocked, which is then guaranteed to remain forever unlocked.  This is to talk to the carrier to which it is locked.
  2. A second way is often suggested, which is to use one of many (often short-lived) online services.  These frequently make use of 'out-of-hours' working at the carriers to unlock - basically submitting unofficial unlock requests as if they were official.  These have absolutely no guarantees associated with them (so, for example, Apple could reverse the unlock), are expensive and very likely a breach of contract on someone's part - possibly your's or your friend's.
  3. Some (very few) baseband (aka Modem Firmware) versions of some iPhones can be unofficially unlocked using software on the iPhone itself.  This requires jailbreaking first in order to run this unofficial software.  Your iPhone 4 will not have the required Modem Firmware version for this to work (the upgrade to iOS 6 will have lost it).
  4. Do not bother with mobile phone shops - either for the carrier (they'll just refer you to customer services) or independent ones.  The latter will only be able to do what you can do yourself, and have less incentive not to make mistakes.  Often they'll do things which will render your iPhone 'broken' - not physically damaged, but in a state that can't be repaired with any ease (and may require you to wait until iOS 6 has been jailbroken - which might be a very long time).  Mostly, they'll either try to jailbreak and unlock (which is where things can go wrong for an iPhone 4 on iOS 6) or contact one of the 'out-of-hours' services.

Talk to Orange.  They may be willing to unlock if you have a PAYG Orange SIM, for example.  Or get your friend to contact Orange and ask for an unlock since he/she is now outside the UK (quite a good reason).  Note that Orange may not do this until the contract has run it's course, but for an iPhone 4 that ought not to be a long time away.

beginner
robertjohn

Call orange. They will ask all of your device detal and do it for 15 pound

Get a free giffgaff Sim