Help & Support

student
mo_d

xperia x10i problems

Hi, i have an xperia x10i. It often freezes and restarts, often I get a burning smell from the back of the phone. It restarts so much, often at least believe or not, at least 50 times a day. On Saturday, I actually lost count after 54 restarts. On other times, it does not start at all. Most of the restarts seem to happen, not just  when I'm using big apps, which is very rare now but problem still persists. But it also happens when I am using the browser and a lot of times, just when its locked or just on the home screen. It could happen and freeze while the phone is switching on, when its charging, when I'm actually texting or even when its switching off. The problem is I don't know if there are any service centres near me, the locator of service centre does not seem to work, so I have a few questions:
1) Do you have any idea why my phone freezes or restarts and has a burning smell?
2) I don't have a proof of purchase, I bought my phone online( I can provide proof of that only), so will my phone be able to be repaired?
3) Is it possible for  to arrange for a courier to arrange a pick up from my house?
4) Can you find out if any service centres are near me? Please find out for me. I live in Lancashire, UK.

The phone is factory unlocked and unbranded. PLEASE HELP.

Feed me Kudos. Im hungry
top cat
andreww
Mobile Phone: iPhone 5s

Re: xperia x10i problems

Assuming it's relatively new I'd return it to wherever you bought it from and demand a full refund. That's not good enough :smileymad:

All SIMs, Micro-SIMs and Nano-Sims include £5 free credit upon activation :smileyhappy:
student
mo_d

problem is i bought it online. its about 5 months old, but i emailed their support a few months ago, regarding another issue, that i sorted out, but they said to me when they replied, that the phone comes with standard 1 year warranty. and i think the phone has not even been released in the uk for a year, i think.

Feed me Kudos. Im hungry
top cat
andreww

mo_d wrote:

problem is i bought it online. its about 5 months old, but i emailed their support a few months ago, regarding another issue, that i sorted out, but they said to me when they replied, that the phone comes with standard 1 year warranty. and i think the phone has not even been released in the uk for a year, i think.

If you've got a year's warranty you should be fine then. Go back to them and demand they sort it.

Good luck mate! :smileywink:

All SIMs, Micro-SIMs and Nano-Sims include £5 free credit upon activation :smileyhappy:
coach
darren10

I agree i think you have been sold a phone that will possibly be no good what so ever in a short amount of time . You say you bought it online did you read any references from ppl who have bought goods from this person before you . And as said above i would get in touch with the person you purchased it from and demand a full refund a.s.a.p .
student
mo_d

been too long to get a refund. i just want to know, can isnd it off without proof of purchase, and is there any service centresd in lancashie for sony ericsson.

Feed me Kudos. Im hungry
top cat
andreww

mo_d wrote:

been too long to get a refund. i just want to know, can isnd it off without proof of purchase, and is there any service centresd in lancashie for sony ericsson.

If you have a years warranty then the onus is on the retailer to put right the faults - either through repair or replacement

coach
darren10

www.sonyericsson.com/../
servicelocator . Have you tried here ?
student
mo_d

ithis link for, when i click on it, it jus giveoptions to upgrade or see the x10 features with hd video.

Feed me Kudos. Im hungry
coach
darren10

When i click it gives options on the left hand side for a store locator . You have to input details of area your in and there is a bit where you can "contact us" at the bottom