Ideas

Looking for something?

Low credit warning

by tobybell on ‎09-04-2010 23:56

It would be good to have a voice prompt of a low credit (User configurable on the "My Giffgaff" page) when calling out, so when you have, say £2 of credit (Or whatever the user has set), when you try and make a call "Just so you know, your calling credit is getting a bit low, you only have £2 (Current balance) left, Just dial "Whatever" to top-up, whenever you are ready"

Hey folks, we've implemented another Idea for Exhaust Messages, which means you'll receive a message when you have no credit. Because of this feature, we won't be looking to implement this variation of a low credit warning. Kind regards, Hazel.
Comments
by adrianjhood on ‎12-05-2012 14:56

I think a user configurable notice when your minutes reach a certain threshold would be massively useful. Checking how many minutes I have left, so I don't run out, is one of the main reasons I check my account. Knowing I would be notified when reaching a certain threshold would make the service much more efficient in my opinion.

Thanks to the original poster.

by beechdavid_96 on ‎01-07-2012 14:18

I think this would be a good idea and help with users who forget about thier credit

tobybell wrote:

It would be good to have a voice prompt of a low credit (User configurable on the "My Giffgaff" page) when calling out, so when you have, say £2 of credit (Or whatever the user has set), when you try and make a call "Just so you know, your calling credit is getting a bit low, you only have £2 (Current balance) left, Just dial "Whatever" to top-up, whenever you are ready"

by alistina on ‎04-07-2012 11:52

I agree with this idea! I know we get a notification at the END of a call, but what use is that if you aren't aware that you only have 2 minutes left of free conversation. A simple beep in the ear would be useful to indicate low minutes remaining and to bring the conversation to an end!

by stephenmiller on ‎03-08-2012 22:47
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Hi! We're still excited to do this idea, but it's not quite in the routemaster at the moment - when it is, we'll update this idea to 'Coming Soon', have a nice day and thank you for contributing to the Ideas Board!
by giffgaff Educator on ‎04-12-2013 15:54
Status changed to: Not For Us
Hey folks, we've implemented another Idea for Exhaust Messages, which means you'll receive a message when you have no credit. Because of this feature, we won't be looking to implement this variation of a low credit warning. Kind regards, Hazel.
Announcements

Join us

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
If you had £1 billion, which luxury device would you get?
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:5,330 members 1,579 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: