Ideas

Looking for something?

SIM gg contacts - include *100*7#

by bertiebat ‎29-02-2012 16:19 - edited ‎04-03-2012 19:52

Simple idea but can giffgaff make a change to the contacts that are pre-loaded on the SIM and include the goodybag balance short code  *100*7# .  For new customers it would also highlight this useful facility exists 

Current contacts

gg get balance - *100# 

gg top-up        - 43430

gg voicemail    - 443

giffgaff calling   - +447709195773

I propose that the 'giffgaff calling' contact is simply removed (it's never used to my knowledge and when dialled it comes up with a 'this number is not recognised' message).   I just think it's misleading and confusing to have it as a contact.

This then leaves a vacant slot for the goodybag balance to be included.

Proposed contacts:

gg credit bal    - *100# 

gg gdybag bal - *100*7# (or goodybag bal but that might be too long)

gg top-up        - 43430

gg voicemail    - 443

Further Proposals to contacts:

Edited: Andy0 has commented that it would be useful to allow the pre-loaded contacts in future SIMs to be amendable which would then allow further useful contacts to be included (the user can then remove or change the ones they don't want if required).  This would allow the inclusion of gg to gg expiry   - *100*1#  and maybe *100*5# codes and any further one that may be created in the future. :smileyhappy:

So simple idea and I'm really surprised this hasn't been suggested before. :smileyhappy:

[INTERNAL] Thanks for the great idea Bertie, I just need to chase within the company now if this is happening and I'll get back to you! Thanks again.
Comments
by mappjh on ‎02-03-2012 14:50

Definitely a good idea.  It would save us having to tell people the number on the forums.

by david72817281 on ‎04-03-2012 08:38
Just put the number in yourself
by bertiebat on ‎04-03-2012 18:29

@david72817281 and if you don't even know that such a useful number even exists, what then?  Also do you really think that it's a good idea to have a completely redundant and potentially confusing 'giffgaff calling' contact then?

@Andy0 yes changing the contacts to become amendable/deletable so that the number of contacts could be expanded seems to be a worthwhile point.   Then if further useful short codes come along they could also be included. :smileyhappy:

by the_joseph on ‎21-03-2012 11:58
Status changed to: Under Consideration
We will look into doing this.
by tobias_b on ‎23-03-2012 14:40
Status changed to: Working On It
Hi guys, 2 numbers will be added very soon, please see below: gg goodybag mins: *100*7# gg goodybag texts: *100*5# Cheers!
by george96 on ‎27-03-2012 20:55

^ Will these numbers be merged eventually? When I was with O2 I could easily text a number and see all the remaining credit and bolt-ons/tariff allowances I had left. Instead of seperate for text and calls.

by bertiebat ‎27-03-2012 22:33 - edited ‎27-03-2012 22:34

@george96 they did look at the merging of the codes but it wasn't possible apparently see here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Merge-100-and-100-7/idi-p/63311.

Glad to see this is going ahead btw. :smileyhappy:

by giffgaff Educator on ‎03-08-2012 21:38
Status changed to: We’re Looking Into It
[INTERNAL] Thanks for the great idea Bertie, I just need to chase within the company now if this is happening and I'll get back to you! Thanks again.
by bmw4175 ‎07-03-2014 17:46 - edited ‎07-03-2014 17:49

So here's another very simple one.  

Currently when you activate a giffgaff sim card you automatically get 'some' of giffgaffs short codes appear in your contacts like *100# to check your balance and a couple of other basic ones. 

Now we all know that there's more short codes that exist that you find out via the community or messing around in your accounts settings but a lot of giffgaffers never really explore the community so don't know about these so my suggestion is simple! 

Make it so when a new sim card is activated 'all' of giffgaffs short code numbers are installed in the phones contacts. 

Benefits :

(1) all codes easily available for all giffgaffers

(2) easier and quicker access to instantly dial the codes straight from your contacts

Cost :

Not sure but can't see it been much

Also this may stop quite a few questions been asked in the 'help' forum as the member will already have access to all the codes hence they try them hence it answers there question, if you see what I mean?

Well I think it's something that should be made standard but what do you guys think? 

by bertiebat on ‎07-03-2014 18:53

Strangely enough I was thinking about what had happened to my idea on this only yesterday and have just looked at it again.

It's really annoying as 2 major SIM changes (hybrid and 4G) have since been issued without including these codes and so double missed opportunity. :smileysad:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/SIM-gg-contacts-include-100-7/idi-p/323...

Latest status was working on it (since 2012!). :smileyfrustrated:

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
If you had £1 billion, which luxury device would you get?
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:4,135 members 2,119 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: