News & Announcements

handy giff-staffer
clairekav

Re: Challenge #5 Getting the best value

@bluebabe - sorry you can't enter this weeks challenge. Each of these challenges are about highlighting something that helps giffgaff grow. 

When people transfer their number in, they're far more likely to stay with us - as their main number (generally the one that their mum calls them on) is with giffgaff - rather than using giffgaff as a 'back up SIM'. This means they spend more with giffgaff and are less likely to lose their SIM (falling out of wallet, replacement SIMs cost money) or top-up another SIM. With more people staying - we can spend less getting more people to join. 

Another reason this week is about 'transferring your number' is that some folks still think it isn't possible to transfer your PAYG number or that it is too hard (as per my blog about BBC article) - so highlighting that the transfer process is easy helps to myth bust as the same time.

At the beginning I mentioned that there would be 6 weekly tasks, and some people might not be able to enter everyone one of them - sorry you can't enter this week, next week I'm sure you'll be able to.

Claire

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
mba_263
Topics: 70
Kudos: 430

hmm transfer number :/
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
If you want your free Sim simply follow the below link, and gain yourself free £5 credit !!: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/mba_263
phenomenon
aandms

phone your old network grab a pac code and you will be in process of porting your number, it doesnt say anything about changing your mind and not giving the pac to giffgaff :smileywink:
Get a free Giffgaff SimOr for a giffgaff hybrid sim (for all phones inc iphone 4, 4S and ipad) , also with £5 free credit but sent 1st class, fill in this form
handy giff-staffer
clairekav

aandms wrote:
phone your old network grab a pac code and you will be in process of porting your number, it doesnt say anything about changing your mind and not giving the pac to giffgaff :smileywink:
Yeah, you could try that - simply asking your old network for a PAC code isn't going to show up in our systems anywhere.... you could try it, but you won't get an entry to the competition unless you do something with it.
To get entry into this week competition is to transfer your number / submit your request to transfer before mid-night next Wednesday
Oh - by the way - just so you know folks - transfers typically can be competed the following day, but not over the weekend - so if you're requesting a transfer today, your earliest day will be Monday for that to process/complete.
Cheers! Claire  
Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
supporter
edgley
Mobile Phone: Nokia N900

Well done for promoting equality through giffgaff...

Were the other "challenges" not open to everyone? If they weren't I'm pretty sure that the prerequisite for them didn't require something as experience changing as a new number...

I'm also pretty sure giffgaff have declined ideas previously based on some grounds of "equality" bollocks.
handy giff-staffer
clairekav

@edgley - all the challenges are open to all members, however some weeks some members may choose not to participate in the task.

For example, a few weeks back some members selected not to enter the competition and didn't update their expired card details. This week some members can choose to not to transfer a number to giffgaff if they haven't done so already.

I've tried to make these tasks as easy as possible, and for everyone to be able to enter at least once.

These tasks are about highlighting things that help giffgaff grow - transferring your number is something we'd like to encourage, which is why it is the theme for this week. 

newcomer
frostyboy

I decidided when I joined Giffgaff to keep the number provided and ditch my old number and use ONLY Giffgaff  .......AGES ago.

This seems to rule me out of the chance to be 'in it to win it'.

Photobucket
If this helps or is informative - click my star.......just because you can.
handy giff-staffer
clairekav

Sorry @frostyboy, you'll be out for this one then - next week's challenge (the last one) you'll definitely be able to participate in it.

Claire 

supporter
edgley
Mobile Phone: Nokia N900

@clairekav, you seem to have missed my point. The other challenges could be opted out, but you could easily enter. This one however requires you to get a new number. This is something that some people do not want to do. Myself included.

This is not about people wanting to opt out, but about being forced to opt out.

Why does someone transferring their number mean they will stay? The amount of complaints I've read over the last year in regards to transfers causing issues (and then subsequently the person leaves) does not inspire me to, on a whim, transfer my number.

Also, as I say this does not promote the equality that I've seen giffgaff tout several times in regards to how they treat their members.
phenomenon
aandms

this is open to anyone, if you dont want to port your number you just have to look for the holes in the competition to enter.
Get a free Giffgaff SimOr for a giffgaff hybrid sim (for all phones inc iphone 4, 4S and ipad) , also with £5 free credit but sent 1st class, fill in this form