News & Announcements

khairul
Kudos: 2,752

Re: [Feedback] UNLOCKING- could giffgaff become a one-stop-shop for all unlocking needs?

@shutterbug

Looking at http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/I-suppose-I-should-say-hi/ba-p/376383 , it looks like this unlocking service really is being prepared.
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
novice
bwfcmadrid

Re: [Feedback] UNLOCKING- could giffgaff become a one-stop-shop for all unlocking needs?

It would make things much simpler. My husband is currently on Orange. I have a shiny little giffgaff simcard waiting for him for when he unlocks his phone.

Unfortunately, his phone is one of my daughter's contract cast-offs (legit) and so cannot be done over the phone. He's just waiting for me to take his phone to the unlocking shop but says he cannot be without his phone:smileyindifferent: He doesn´t even use the darn thing that much!!

Luckily, he´s got a few days off this week so I'll drag him down there and make him do it!

marvel
andy0

bwfcmadrid wrote:

Unfortunately, his phone is one of my daughter's contract cast-offs (legit) and so cannot be done over the phone.  

I think your daughter could ask Orange about unlocking it. And I assume it could be a code entry that they dictate on the phone. I've never done this with Orange, but have with another network.

head honcho
sparkybhoy

[ Edited ]
cicerone
akisoft

@bwfcmadrid.

What phone is it? I'll see what I can do for you.
newcomer
christench

I have been helped so much by MoDaCo community. As a new Android user, it's been a fast learn ! For anyone on a ZTE Blade (San Fransisco) there is a guide to unlock your phone free. by yourself. I'm sure that with some internet searching, most phones can be done, with a little friendly advice from someone who doesn't want to rip you off ! You only get that in a community like MoDaCo or GiffGaff. Cheers all.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
aaabzx3
Topics: 370
Kudos: 888

hi can anyone help me unlock a Samsung D900?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
matt1111
Topics: 153
Kudos: 1,214

aaabzx3 wrote:

hi can anyone help me unlock a Samsung D900?

What network is it locked to may i ask?

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
aaabzx3
Topics: 370
Kudos: 888

its locked to tmobile

Get a free giffgaff Sim
matt1111
Topics: 153
Kudos: 1,214

aaabzx3 wrote:

its locked to tmobile

Ive looked on an online site i used to unlock my HTC Wildifre which was on Vodafone. You can unlock for £12.99.

The code gets delivered within 1-48 hrs. I used this site as i have said and my code worked for me. Hope this helps

Here is the link: http://www.foneszone.co.uk/unlock_form/Samsung-Europe/D900/T-Mobile/UK.php

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93