News & Announcements

handy giff-staffer
clairekav

Happy Payback Day: £31k goes to charity

Twice a year we pay back our members who have helped giffgaff grow by helping members in the community by answering questions and recommending giffgaff to their friends and family.

We've already paid back thousands of pounds last week to members who got in early, selected to take their Payback as credit.

The top earner this time has pocketed over £8k - clearly they've had a busy 6 months!

We're really pleased to announce that £31,200 will be shared between the Community chosen charities - Teenage Cancer Trust and Air Ambulance service. Our generous members donated £15,600 in points, and as giffgaff matches you donated points, we're pleased to announce each charity will get £15,600.

PayPal payments: All PayPal payments have been sent over to PayPal, their systems will be running hot getting all the payments flowed through. You'll be able to log in and see you payment there, in the past it has taken a few hours for all the payments to hit accounts. 

Many of you have already received and probably spent your PayPal payment! There are payments still trickling through 

Credit payments: Credit payments will be processed today, again it'll take a few hours for the payments to hit accounts

Charity payment: Thank you to the generous donations of Payback points to the community chosen charities: Teen Cancer Research and Air Ambulance service will receive £15,600 each. 

If you're still waiting on your payment to hit your PayPal account / balance - don't panic, as mentioned it will take several hours for things to flow through 

We'll do a sweep up of failed payments next week and retry them - only if you've not received your Payback by the 20th December, please contact an agent. The Agents will be able to check the status of your payment after next Thursday once we've retried credit payments and PayPal have sent us a list of failed payments.

For more info, please see this post for FAQ's etc

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
bluemoonbaz
Kudos: 10,777

Re: Happy Payback Day: £31k goes to charity

Fantastic news
Get a free giffgaff Sim

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/blackberry-addon-fix-please-support/idi-p/3357539

simmsreece

recieved my payback, no probs :smileyvery-happy:

Scan this QR code to get a micro-sim with £5 free credit!
usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,737
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82

WOW, lovely to hear the money is being shared between charities :smileyhappy:

I hope it helps them alot
Get a free giffgaff Sim
jburnham96
Kudos: 2,415

[ Edited ]

That's a huge amount! Have we had the confirmation of how much money was made in total yet? I have my bets on just under £2 million. :smileyhappy:

The gaff signatureOrder a SIM card bannerSend me a PM banner
madcatlady
Topics: 8
Kudos: 469

Thanks Giffgaff. Christmas has come early😃
kausar
Topics: 39
Kudos: 170

Beautiful!!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
midgedog

Great news - well done to everybody and GiffGaff for their generosity!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please give kudos if you like someone's post, & Accept as Solution if they solved your problem!
coach
ste53

Nice to see a cancer charity gets something....the sooner they concer this desease the better.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
guide
kiwatche

is it payback day? i diem realise :smileyhappy:

well done to those who donated to charity