News & Announcements

motivator
ragnorak

Re: Introduce yourself to the community!

Well I've been around for a while already but thought I'd introduce myself properly. :robotwink:

My name's Liam and I come from west London, I've been a WAP addict since getting my first mobile internet phone in early 2001 and I'm an admin at a popular international community site. I enjoy keeping up to date with everything mobile operators have to offer and strive to be a guru in this field, and in my spare time I enjoy retro gaming, tv, music, reading and walking among other things.

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff :robotwink:
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.

Things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
former giff-staffer
vincent

ragnorak wrote:

Well I've been around for a while already but thought I'd introduce myself properly. :robotwink:

My name's Liam and I come from west London, I've been a WAP addict since getting my first mobile internet phone in early 2001 and I'm an admin at a popular international community site. I enjoy keeping up to date with everything mobile operators have to offer and strive to be a guru in this field, and in my spare time I enjoy retro gaming, tv, music, reading and walking among other things.

I can hardly say welcome now ragnorak, as you've been around for aaaaages :smileyhappy: Anyway, keep up the good work and keep coming up with great ideas. You know we will try to implement them all!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
rookie
adamkang

Im Adam, I have been on the network for around a month, before I was on 02, and before that i was on Blyk another virtual mobile network which you got free credit. I live in london, and im very happy to be on giffgaff!

Kudos ME :smileyvery-happy:
former giff-staffer
vincent

Hi adamkang,

Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy what you see here, and feel you can contribute on any topic. We really hope you'll give us your feedback on giffgaff or ideas on how we can better market ourselves. Any ideas are welcome, so let nothing hold you back! :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Vincent

newcomer
asak193

Hey just saw this on lockerz and its good stuff IL say any 1 wana join lockerz mail me asak193@hotmail.com its a site where u can win stuff for free by watching videos

former giff-staffer
vincent

asak193 wrote:

Hey just saw this on lockerz and its good stuff IL say any 1 wana join lockerz mail me [email address removed] its a site where u can win stuff for free by watching videos

Welcome asak193!

Hope you're here to stay :smileyhappy: Don't go running off to lockerz crazy man, it much more fun here!

As for posting your email address on a forum... I hope you have spam filters :smileyvery-happy:

novice
julian

Another new potential user here.

I'm a software developer for Android phones so I'm currently looking at the best network to use for my Milestone. Currently I'm on 3 (not least because of the 150MB + £5/month offer), but giffgaff looks an interesting alternative. My only gripe is that the only way to get the extra  £5 credit on a new sim is by giving my personal details to an unknown 3rd party, as I don't personally know any existing members.

I should add that giffgaff is a doing a remarkably good job of not advertising, as I only discovered your existence when I looked at the MVNO article on wikipedia yesterday :smileywink: Word-of-mouth is a good idea, but it will probably only take you so far! Other users I know with smartphones (iPhone, Blackberry etc) don't seem to have come across you either.

former giff-staffer
vincent

Hi julian,

Isn't that where you come in? Now that you've found us, you can shout about it :smileyhappy:

Sure, you don't get that extra £5 if you sign up when finding us yourself, but that's kinda the whole point of it. You find us, so now that you did, I doubt you need more convincing this is the right network for you. Especially is you're a software developer (as giffgaff is always on the look-up to reward people who make great contributions, and apps are a part of that).

That £5 is to help convince others who hear about it from you, which means you get an extra £5 as well if you sign them up. As you say, there's quite a few people who haven't heard about us yet, so plenty of scope for you to earn some money eh? :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, I am glad you found us, and I can't wait to see what contributions you might come up with. If you have any suggestions or ways in which we can help you, please let me know!

Cheers,

Vincent

beginner
bennewnham1984

Hello giffgaffers!!

I'm Ben, 26 from Southampton. I currently volunteer for charity refurbishing computers and laptops to be resold to the public or those not able to afford really top hi-end stuff!

I'm using a Nokia 6230 (unlocked) as its the only phone i got spare that the sim would work in!

I'm looking forward to being part of the community :smileyhappy:

xos
novice
xos

Hello there! :smileyvery-happy: 

my name is Adam! you may want to call me adam around here :smileywink: i am currently on o2. shame i cant move to this network because i have an iPhone. In a nutshell im basically a web designer and coder. Maybe you will see some of my work in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Cheerrsss!