News & Announcements

pioneer
kurtis5561

Re: Introducing...our new Micro Sims!

I'm going to print this and stick it on the office wall tomorrow.

Great job!

haha thats made me smile!

former giff-staffer
oh_kari

Actually, it's a werehouse. Whenever it's a full moon it turns into a fully-fledged family home, with fridges and ovens and everything!
pioneer
kurtis5561

oh_kari wrote:
Actually, it's a werehouse. Whenever it's a full moon it turns into a fully-fledged family home, with fridges and ovens and everything!

On the planning application you never ticked the "My warehouse doubles as a family home with sky tv" option, so the council will be down there issuing fines for code failures :smileytongue:

eddnoon
Topics: 298
Kudos: 1,048
Ideas: 9

having looked at these sims for a second time gotta say, they look neat dont they? Very well cut and look to fit in snuggly!
rayhoo
Topics: 22
Kudos: 4,048

The new sim looks very professional, and has an additional advantage of allowing a user to easily test a faulty sim in any other handset, could save members a lot of time in fault finding.  Great!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Gen. note: Text "PASS" to 43430 to confirm your username, account e-mail address, and a password reset link.
chippanfat
Topics: 151
Kudos: 214

A thought....

If a giffgaffer says to friends to order a SIM, they'll automatically assume it's a normal SIM.  Then next comes the explanation of the micro-SIM and a normal SIM in one.  

Why not call it a hybrid SIM, or something along the lines that ties a normal SIM and a micro-SIM in one name?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
1hale
Topics: 557
Kudos: 2,624
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 24

cicerone
redux

bucketgb wrote:

That's effin genius to have a pop out micro sim from a normal sim, does any other network provide the same?

Yes. Many networks all over the world

virtuoso
rong42

Aha, so this is where all our money is going! First TV adverts, now sharks with laser beams attached to their heads! :smileywink:

on a more serious note, Craig I know you said

craig_t wrote:

Getting these in circulation will take a bit of time, as we need to test the warehouse systems and run down stock of the old sims. Our current estimate for the changeover is **late April to mid-May** depending on the amount of orders we have and how the warehouse move goes. There's a whole lot of factors involved - so, sorry we can't be more specific.....

But will you update us closer to the time as to when we can expect the new sims to be put in circulation?

craig_t
Topics: 47
Kudos: 707

rong42 wrote:

Aha, so this is where all our money is going! First TV adverts, now sharks with laser beams attached to their heads! :smileywink:

on a more serious note, Craig I know you said

craig_t wrote:

Getting these in circulation will take a bit of time, as we need to test the warehouse systems and run down stock of the old sims. Our current estimate for the changeover is **late April to mid-May** depending on the amount of orders we have and how the warehouse move goes. There's a whole lot of factors involved - so, sorry we can't be more specific.....

But will you update us closer to the time as to when we can expect the new sims to be put in circulation?

Hey rong,

The TV advertising was a reshuffling of some investment that had previously been earmarked for online campaigns, as far as I'm aware.

So - on that, it wasn't an additional investment, as far as I know. More of a re-jiggling of where we were running campaigns from one pot.

The laser sharks, however, will be funded from my own pocket. So - no cost to community members or the network there.

On the sims, it'll be a phased approach. We'll need to test channel by channel, and will most likely start with those that we send out less SIMS through. So - the main channel (ordering sims directly from our site) will probably be the last to switch on.

Really, a precise date is "how long is a piece of string". However, we will absolutely get back with any updates we have.

--craig

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free