News & Announcements

former giff-staffer
chriskm

New Knowledge Base launched today

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks,

Great News  As you know giffgaff is all about self service and members helping other members - today we’re launching our brand new knowledge base which will make it easier for members to find the information they need – and it will be managed in a truly giffgaff way.

You may have already seen my original post from a couple of weeks ago letting you know it was coming, but I thought I’d take the opportunity to give you a bit more detail:

What is It?

Our existing knowledge base is made up of over 500 Frequently Asked questions (FAQs) that give members quick and accurate answers to the most commonly posed questions.  Up until now the content of these FAQs has been largely created and managed by the team here at giffgaff, but all that’s about to change.

Over the last few months we’ve been busy migrating existing FAQs into a new knowledge base tool in Lithium (our community platform).   This cool new tool will allow the community to get much more involved with creating new content in the knowledge base as well as updating existing content. 

How does it work?

The new knowledge base works in much the same way as a WIKI, in that our members will be able to:

• Provide comments/feedback on existing FAQs
  • Nominate content from the forums that should become part of the knowledge base
  • Edit existing content
  • Author new articles

Why are we doing this?

As giffgaff is the mobile network run by you, we want to make sure our members are involved as much as possible in everything we do.  By crowdsourcing the content of our FAQs through our award winning community we’re confident that we can get to a point where our knowledge base isn’t just good, it’s truly world class!

How can you get involved?

Everyone will be able to provide feedback on FAQ’s  - if you spot something in an FAQ that you think needs updating or improving you can leave a ‘comment’ on it which can then be picked up by one of our team of authors.

We already have a small group of ‘authors’ who’ve been working really hard on testing the system and updating content.  Over the coming weeks and months we’ll be asking more and more of our experienced giffgaffers to get involved with content creation.  So if you feel like you’ve got some knowledge to share and you want to get involved, just keep an eye out in the community for our calls for help.

So, take a look around - use the knowledge base, after all, that’s what it’s there for.  If you’ve got a question on anything giffgaff related, go and check out the knowledge base to see if you can find an answer.  Once you’ve got used to using it yourself you can use your new found knowledge to help others looking for help in the community by pointing them in the direction of the knowledge base.

How do I use the knowledge base?

Long time community tipster darrenpainter has very kindly put together an FAQ on how to use the knowledge base and where to find it.  A great early example of community created content! Check out his handy work here.

Hopefully that’s given you a flavour of what it’s all about.  Contributing to the knowledge base is a great way of helping giffgaff get even better, not to mention a neat way to earn yourself some additional reward, so why not go and take a look and let us know what you think!

Cheers

Chris

P.S. – For a short time only, while the new system is bedding in, we’ll be running the two knowledge bases in parallel.  What does this mean?

• Any existing URLs that exist in the community or elsewhere will still take you to the old FAQs.   The content here is still valid so no need to worry on that front.
  • Any searches from the Help page will take you into the new knowledge base.
  • In the next couple of weeks we will be switching off the old knowledge base completely and any old URLs will be redirected to the relevant information in the new knowledge base.

oslingsby
Topics: 178
Kudos: 2,051
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 27

Re: New Knowledge Base launched today

Yay, First
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Lol I was too busy with neighbours
Is it all up and running now ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
oslingsby
Topics: 178
Kudos: 2,051
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 27

Apparently so

You can stop singing to yourself now Chris

Get a free giffgaff Sim
martinwallis
Kudos: 1,193

Everything everyone needs to know is already in the help section but people just don't search for it, I don't think this will change anything unfortunately, even though I think it's a good idea.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Will mobile and app users see it ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim

It also means things will be updated and that's Importaint :smileyhappy:
Get a free giffgaff Sim
aaabzx3
Topics: 376
Kudos: 953

yay thats good news
Get a free giffgaff Sim
kingpin
joolzian

[ Edited ]

Great addition:smileyhappy: and I'm sure you meant to say that darrenpainter  has put together a FAQ.:smileytongue:

Get a free giffgaff Sim
former giff-staffer
chriskm

pinkcalculator wrote:
Will mobile and app users see it ?

Yep, the knowledge bases are visible using your mobile under the 'More' tab. :smileyhappy: