News & Announcements

cheepnetwork
Topics: 349
Kudos: 561
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 79

Re: asda mobile

andyboy71 wrote:

I suppose if you dont lyk talking on the fone thats o.k, but then you could just buy a txt package, fones are for talking are'nt they??

you dont't even need to buy a text pack when it says as long as you use your phone once evrey 3 months

it could include the internet as well.

a href="http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/cheepnetwork" target="_blank">Get a free giffgaff Sim

!st class sims/micro/nano avalible on request please PM
navigator
iceqntrider

Re: Payback improvements to process and changes to T's and C's

clairekav wrote:

[...]

Here are the major changes to T’s and C’s:

1) Points will no longer default to credit, if selection is not made points will roll over to the next Payback period.

2) We’ll remove the “you must have topped up within the last 3 months”, replacing that with “you’ve used your phone within the last 3 months” (ie made a phone call, text, used mobile internet).

[...]

7.1.3. To receive your Payback you must have an active giffgaff SIM at the Payback Date and have used your giffgaff SIM at least once in the 3 months prior to the Payback Date. [amended to remove top-up, but included phone use]

[...]

Does this mean that you could use a SIM in a tablet, dongle, or a mobile phone, and still get payback, with the coming Gigabags?

I seems a bit unclear as you mention 'phone use' in your explanation, but the subsequent point on 7.1.3. only mentions "an active giffgaff SIM". Which is the correct scenario?

Thanks, 

andy

turkeyphant
Kudos: 566
Ideas: 23

"1) Points will no longer default to credit, if selection is not made points will roll over to the next Payback period.

2) We’ll remove the “you must have topped up within the last 3 months”, replacing that with “you’ve used your phone within the last 3 months” (ie made a phone call, text, used mobile internet)."

That all sounds incredibly reasonable and I welcome it wholeheartedly.
grand master
trudiw

wohoo @turkeyphant you like something giffgaff has done :smileyvery-happy:

turkeyphant
Kudos: 566
Ideas: 23

Because it helps the customers as they pledge to do!
grand master
trudiw

turkeyphant wrote:
Because it helps the customers as they pledge to do!

I know, I understand that you only get at giffgaff when you think they are in the wrong and it's nice that you congratulate them when they do something good :smileyhappy:

allan1954
Topics: 267
Kudos: 1,502

awe topped up £10 last week so i would get my december payback.so to get this right now as long as you have made calls text or internet before end of november no more £10 topups.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
rayhoo
Topics: 22
Kudos: 3,973

allan1954 wrote:
awe topped up £10 last week so i would get my december payback.so to get this right now as long as you have made calls text or internet before end of november no more £10 topups.

That's right. payback is no longer dependent on top-ups, but on an outbound service being used from your sim as you described.  All they're asking for is that sim be in active use. 

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
mr_mitch
Topics: 64
Kudos: 794

i thought the purpose of the whole "topup within 3 months of payback" was to stop people taking advantage of the system?

what is there now to prevent people from having about 10 sim cards..... which theyve only ever activated once, and just sending 2 texts a year off each sim.... therefore staying eligible for payback.... potentially taking hundereds of pounds, without every actually ever spending any money with giffgaff? 

rayhoo
Topics: 22
Kudos: 3,973

mr_mitch wrote:

i thought the purpose of the whole "topup within 3 months of payback" was to stop people taking advantage of the system?

what is there now to prevent people from having about 10 sim cards..... which theyve only ever activated once, and just sending 2 texts a year off each sim.... therefore staying eligible for payback.... potentially taking hundereds of pounds, without every actually ever spending any money with giffgaff? 

That's been mentioned in the original post and is being catered for it seems.  Giffgaff have covered a huge area of rights and wrong and they've set them out in the first post.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim