News & Announcements

scholar
jms0

Re: Unlimited Mobile Internet: We need your feedback

Well losing £9.8 million on a £1.7million turnover is really quite some achievement.  Well done you!

You're the boss so check out Giffgaff's financial statements
chefkoch
Topics: 28
Kudos: 984

jms0 wrote:

Well losing £9.8 million on a £1.7million turnover is really quite some achievement.  Well done you!

I guess that is peanuts for a new mobile telecom which is just starting up and is backed by O2. ... anyway, seems like a strange buisness model for a company that is based on community support and o2s network, there shouldn't really be too many fixed costs, I would think.

counsellor
samlowe

craig_t wrote:

samlowe wrote:

jms0 wrote:

conceir wrote:

You have to remember that Giffgaff isn't a social experiement, all they're interested in is making money. As much of it as possible. From the first financial statement (public information) of Giffgaff Ltd at Companies House:

Year ending 31 December 2010

Revenue: £1 695 986

Loss: £9 775 336

New customers: 36 532

The balance sheet is equally spectacular - current assets £1.2m, current liabilities £14.8m (most of which is owed to the parent company). Prepay balances held (shown as deferred income) appear to be only £295k.   Wonder what the 2011 statements will look like. :smileyhappy:

The gaffer did an interview where he revealed giffgaff have over 100,000 customers and over 19 million turnover :smileyhappy:

Predicting 1 million customers by 2017 :smileyhappy:

To quickly clear this up - that 100k figure is incorrect, just so you know.

--craig

I was reading from http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/13956/Giffgaff_adds_staff_after_rapid_growth.aspx :smileyhappy:

More or less? Give us a clue :smileywink:

novice
ptarmigan

If we go back to the initial issue:

Less than 1% of users use more than 30% of all data doing things they are not supposed to be doing.

To me it seems like a no-brainer to take action against these 1% rather than against 100% (which is what introducting limits, FUP etc would imply).

So certainly do take action against the people who selfishly abuse the system.   

newcomer
latoyah2011

i fully agree with you on this one.
associate
nigelbb

craig_t wrote:

The gaffer did an interview where he revealed giffgaff have over 100,000 customers and over 19 million turnover :smileyhappy:

--craig

In an interview published ten days ago your boss said that giffgaff had over 100,000 customers. Are you saying that he is wrong & that the figure is under 100,000?

That same interview in Mobile Magazione does also claim that "The company has also launched a recruitment drive at its call centre in Northern Ireland, doubling call centre staff numbers to speed up response times to customers’ technical queries." So it is possible that as they imagine giffgaff has a call centre that other parts of the article are inaccurate.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/13956/Giffgaff_adds_staff_after_rapid_growth.aspx

andreww
Mobile Phone: iPhone 5s

nigelbb wrote:

craig_t wrote:

--craig

In an interview published ten days ago your boss said that giffgaff had over 100,000 customers. Are you saying that he is wrong & that the figure is under 100,000?

That same interview in Mobile Magazione does also claim that "The company has also launched a recruitment drive at its call centre in Northern Ireland, doubling call centre staff numbers to speed up response times to customers’ technical queries." So it is possible that as they imagine giffgaff has a call centre that other parts of the article are inaccurate.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/13956/Giffgaff_adds_staff_after_rapid_growth.aspx

I think it's well over 100K :smileywink:

@craig_t - the articles refers to Fairman talking about his customers being 18-35 year old "Internet natives"

Can you ask Mike if I can be one please? I'm only a little bit older than 35 :smileyvery-happy:

All SIMs, Micro-SIMs and Nano-Sims include £5 free credit upon activation :smileyhappy:

Lol not one of our family or extended family comes in these limits are we not suitable should I be failing 43430 for my PAC ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
navi51
Topics: 77
Kudos: 833

No no no one can be an internet native unless they have cut their teeth on netscape navigator. ! ! !
To giff is better than to gaff

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
jtemplar

navi51 wrote:
No no no one can be an internet native unless they have cut their teeth on netscape navigator. ! ! !
Netscape - luxury! I thought the future had truly arrived with Netscape and websites in colour with pictures. My bread and butter was Mosaic. John
You can't have a Community based MVNO without a community