Service Updates

Reply
usmanozzy786
Posts: 18,232
Topics: 1,046
Kudos: 1,703
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 599
Registered: ‎24-02-2011

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day

Will I be able to que a goodybag before the day it expires like a 2-3 weeks before? because I finish my minutes so it really wont effect me when ever I que the goodybag.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
sloz
Posts: 40,962
Registered: ‎27-11-2009

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day

Yes you can queue a bag anytime your current one starts,
viv3
Posts: 2,446
Topics: 13
Kudos: 361
Registered: ‎28-12-2010

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day

Thanks for the update :smileyhappy:

Reminded me I need to queue one :smileyvery-happy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
soothsayer
oldyorkie
Posts: 15,481
Registered: ‎08-07-2011
Mobile Phone: Nexus 5 32gb.

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day

Thanks for the info Craig :smileyhappy:

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try :smileywink:
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at :smileytongue:

Get a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
pioneer
lukester
Posts: 1,614
Registered: ‎11-02-2011

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day


craig_t wrote:

zippygeorgebungle wrote:
some positive news on it but really there shouldnt be a delay at all doing it i dont understand why some measures cant be put in place to not having to do it by a time for it to work. Surley you should be able to queue or buy a bag at anytime you want. Just my view on it. But least some positive news in right direction.

A totally fair point. In the long term, that's absolutely the goal Zippy.

 

Long story short, every evening we need to identify who has a goodybag expiring, process that, then start people's new queued goodybags. Think of that whole process as a couple of batches of data. The more people on any given day that need to be sorted, the larger the batches and the longer processing time they will require. Obviously with recent growth, these batches have become much larger.

 

The system upgrade being worked on should help with just what you say above. It will improve efficiency and speed of the process, and therefore cut a chunk out of the time these batches need to run. That in turn will allow us to look at the cut-off time again. :smileyhappy:

 


I have a ticket still awaiting response from an agent (hopefully not a copy and paste job either :smileywink: ) relating to a goodybag start time as I believed I was using 'old' goodybag mins instead of 'new' ones only to find out it was new ones and this occurred a few days ago around 8:30pm. Any agent nudges appreciated...

 

Was there any reason why the system upgrade couldn't have been forecast and carried out sooner as even 8pm still isn't great and all that is needed is a site malfunction to delay the purchase and bang - no goodybag until the next day? Also, is the system upgrade going to leave a lot of headroom for future expansion and still reducing the cut-off time?

Get a free Giffgaff SimQR Code here -- Unlock your phone - Unlockopedia!!! --- Educators
craig_t
Posts: 1,203
Topics: 47
Kudos: 680
Best Answers: 21
Registered: ‎10-10-2011

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day


iceqntrider wrote:

Is this the first step, in a very long line of things to do, to be able to get goodybags to Auto Renew?

 

I do hope so... :smileyhappy:


In an ideal world, that would be fantastic.

 

I think the practicality of this at the moment is that it's not possible for some tech reasons - but I'll have to double check on that.

 

So, although this may not be a planned step towards that right now, it certainly could potentially help with it in future.

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
craig_t
Posts: 1,203
Topics: 47
Kudos: 680
Best Answers: 21
Registered: ‎10-10-2011

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day


sloz wrote:
Craig is there any reason why giffgaff stubbornly refuse to advertise the fact that you can't buy a goodybag for 14 hours? Being invited to queue your next goodybag before 7pm is just not good enough
When I say advertise there's nothing in the SMS alert you get, nothing in welcome emails or any other emails come to that, nothing in the top up pages or my giffgaff, nothing in sticky threads in the forums, so newbies are completely in the dark when they find they can't buy a goodybag for 14 hours


Sloz - I don't think it's a question of stubbornly refusing to advertise from my short time of being here.

 

If there's nothing in those areas though as you state, that's something we can definitely look into changing. Feel free to raise a thread in Contribute about it, and I'll put it on my task list to take a look in to. There's several projects here looking at how new members find and use information when researching or joining giffgaff, so this should of course be something that's included.

 

Let's find some good ways to make people aware. :smileyhappy:

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
craig_t
Posts: 1,203
Topics: 47
Kudos: 680
Best Answers: 21
Registered: ‎10-10-2011

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day


lukester wrote:

I have a ticket still awaiting response from an agent (hopefully not a copy and paste job either :smileywink: ) relating to a goodybag start time as I believed I was using 'old' goodybag mins instead of 'new' ones only to find out it was new ones and this occurred a few days ago around 8:30pm. Any agent nudges appreciated...

 

Was there any reason why the system upgrade couldn't have been forecast and carried out sooner as even 8pm still isn't great and all that is needed is a site malfunction to delay the purchase and bang - no goodybag until the next day? Also, is the system upgrade going to leave a lot of headroom for future expansion and still reducing the cut-off time?


Hey lukester,

 

Drop me a pm with the case number and how long you've been waiting on the Case. The Agent queues are coming down daily - so if your case hasn't been answered yet, it should be pretty soon.

 

A lot of people fairly have been asking why system upgrades and capacity couldn't have been perhaps forecast more and planned for sooner. It'll require a wiser man or woman than myself to answer that very fully, so will look into it.

 

However, planning for growth and system capacity goes on in most, if not every company. As a business, you'll always want to plan to grow, right? In spite of that, and however aggressively you plan, there are always things that can surprise you.

 

The system upgrade is absolutely part of a future proofing and capacity increasing series of actions. :smileyhappy:

 

--craig

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
sloz
Posts: 40,962
Registered: ‎27-11-2009

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day

[ Edited ]
Started a thread some months ago
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/Still-not-enough-warning-on-lock-ou... The thread concentrates on the sms alert you get and the content in the sms, but there's a complete lack of info on the lock out period anywhere on the site
craig_t
Posts: 1,203
Topics: 47
Kudos: 680
Best Answers: 21
Registered: ‎10-10-2011

Re: [Change] Cut-off for queuing new Goodybags on their expiry day


sloz wrote:
Started a thread some months ago
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/Still-not-enough-warning-on-lock-ou... The thread concentrates on the sms alert you get and the content in the sms, but there's a complete lack of info on the lock out period anywhere on the site

Thanks for the link. I'll re-raise this one and let's chat it over there. :smileyhappy:

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free