Service Updates

maestro
commsyeo

Re: Some more information on our data Fair Usage Policy

Patience mate, it is the Easter weekend.

CY

kaz rookie
rookie
kaz

I asked this a while back - I never had an answer!  The terms & conditions only state that the SIM must not be used in any other device - nothing explicitly mentioned about using your phone (ie same device) as a modem (unless dangaff can find it!).  It makes no sense whatsoever to bar people from using it within the FUP.  Sometimes you just need to see things on a larger screen!  

tutor
geekonthepc

Yeah I don't see what can be wrong with using it for my computer now and then. If I'm sticking to the FUP what can be wrong?

I'm going to continue to do so (as I'm sticking to the daily limit), but if any of the giffgaff staff would like to stop me, they can feel free and I will. 

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. :smileyhappy:

That little star on the left can make my day :smileyhappy:. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. :smileyhappy:
former giff-staffer
vincent

I think my reply should be:

Would that do?

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
tutor
geekonthepc

Well I take it I'm OK then.

Have some kudos :smileyhappy:

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. :smileyhappy:

That little star on the left can make my day :smileyhappy:. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. :smileyhappy:
novice
tallpaul

Thank you Vincent, much clearer now. Kudos etc.

Tall Paul
tallpaul.org
beginner
jamesbody

Can I add my vote for this as a 'feature request' too!

Whilst it is possible to set up a bit counter on the handset, it is a bit of a pain for most people.  If you have the useage stats available at GiffGaff, is it not easy to incorporate a weekly and/or monthly summary into the 'My Account' page?

This would be extremely useful and would allow 'self management' of useage.

Also - how about sending a notification message (SMS) to individuals who go over or get near to the 100MB daily threshold.  If I received one of these I would knoww that my data useage is tending to excessive and would immediately minimize trffic in order that I do not incur the wrath of the GiffGaff management!

James Body
hg
head honcho
hg

[ Edited ]

Why would you keep harping on about it ?

"Tethering", or using your giffgaff 'phone as a dongle, is expressly forbidden by the Terms of Service.

That doesn't mean it isn't happening anywhere but, where it is, giffgaff are obviously turning a benign "blind eye" to it.

Vincent already gave a very user-friendly "three monkeys" response.  Let me offer a translation as to what that might mean:  "If I don't know about it, I don't have to do anything about it."

When something is forbidden, and you try to force an answer, the only answer giffgaff can give is "It is forbidden".

If you really want to make an issue of it, take it to the ideas section and try to get the ToS changed.  In the meantime, it's never a good idea to force giffgaff to give you an answer that you - and many others - are not going to like.

hg

tutor
geekonthepc

hg wrote:

Why would you keep harping on about it ?

"Tethering", or using your giffgaff 'phone as a dongle, is expressly forbidden by the Terms of Service.

That doesn't mean it isn't happening anywhere but, where it is, giffgaff are obviously turning a benign "blind eye" to it.

Vincent already gave a very user-friendly "three monkeys" response.  Let me offer a translation as to what that might mean:  "If I don't know about it, I don't have to do anything about it."

When something is forbidden, and you try to force an answer, the only answer giffgaff can give is "It is forbidden".

If you really want to make an issue of it, take it to the ideas section and try to get the ToS changed.  In the meantime, it's never a good idea to force giffgaff to give you an answer that you - and many others - are not going to like.

hg

Exactly. In simpler terms, if you make a fuss about it, gg will be forced to do something about it. 

supporter
jonmd

If enough people abuse the so called unlimited data goody bags, they may be forced to act so stop tethering in these cases.

If you find the information above useful, please click the star to the left to give me kudos