Service Updates

syorksdeano
Topics: 302
Kudos: 2,110
Best Answers: 190

Re: Some more information on our data Fair Usage Policy

osaddict

Does that total also include wi-fi use? I'm sure my phone also includes this on logs
`Please give me kudos if my reply was helpful.'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
marvel
andy0

[ Edited ]

osaddict wrote:

Thanks mate :smileyhappy:

All sent 2.85mb, All Received 18.25mb

That says log duration 30 days.

The total in that menu section, packet data under the left tab in the log, is the total use of the phone (or since the counter was reset), not just the last 30 days. And packet data means connection to the mobile network only, not including wi-fi

The log duration is just how long it keeps the itemised list of calls and connections and texts so you can view them in detail, on the right hand tab at the top, then you can scroll down and select an item. This list does include wi-fi connections.

That's how it is on my E51 and X6 anyway, so I assume it's the same on others. Apologies if not

academic
nutellajunkie

That is the most perfect FUP EEEEEVER! No wonder we all love Giffgaff :smileyhappy:

You cannot help anybody who is unwilling to, or incapable of, helping themselves. This applies equally to drug addicts, alcoholics and Giffgaff'ers! - Please use the search option before asking for help. No doubt you will find what you are looking for! You will learn so much whilst doing that also. -- You are entitled to judge me in any manner, if you feel you must. You do this with no understanding of me as an individual and therefore your assessment is naturally flawed.

beginner
heppi

The giffgaff FUP on data was the reason I felt able to take the plunge and get one of these there modern phones. I'd heard too many tales about horrible, unexpected data charges. It's just as well I did wait for giffgaff, as it turns out that I'm quite a heavy user. If I'm working away from the office it can easily be over 100mb a day. But with a goodybag I don't have to worry.

So, yeah. Very pleased with giffgaff, (once I got over the porting problem). I hope grown-up policies like these won't be abandoned as giffgaff grows.

novice
richardr

So let me get this straight,

I'm a HEAVY data user on my iPhone but I use nothing when it comes to SMS or Phone.

If I went for a Goodybag and just used the unlimited data, would that be ok?

PS. Yeah, I'm one of the members that got warned, sorry about that, the fair usage policy was a little confusing when I last looked, it looked like it was confused between plans for the future and what was happening now but I'm glad that's all cleared up now.

maestro
commsyeo

richardr wrote:

So let me get this straight,

I'm a HEAVY data user on my iPhone but I use nothing when it comes to SMS or Phone.

If I went for a Goodybag and just used the unlimited data, would that be ok?

PS. Yeah, I'm one of the members that got warned, sorry about that, the fair usage policy was a little confusing when I last looked, it looked like it was confused between plans for the future and what was happening now but I'm glad that's all cleared up now.

No problem - buy a £10 goodybag and take advantage of the truly unlimited data.

CY

novice
richardr

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'l go with that then because that's what I use to pay O2 for their old iPhone unlimited data plan. (Until they cut that and caused me to switch to GiffGaff!)

EDIT: if anyone was curious about my data usages, I have used 11.6GB since 10/07 and yes, that's all legitimate since I use my iPhone in bed for a few hours refreshing Twitter, surfing the web and watching a youtube video or three before dropping off to sleep.

newcomer
blackroze

Is that in American Date format or English date format (i.e since 10 July or 7th October) ?
newcomer
owen04

That sucks i hate the way giffgaff don't let people use there internet data on the computer i mean why not ?. All the other networks out there let you use the internet data through the computer i mean c'mon its great for when your out and you have a laptop with you for example if your "traveling" it would be great and i think more people would join giffgaff because its unlimited data but giffgaff don't allow it and that's what i hate the most about giffgaff to be honest :\. I used to be with o2 and they allowed people to use the data through the computer and giffgaff are running on o2 so i don't get why people on GIFFGAFF can't use there data through the computer. I want to know why ???
wenklaw
Topics: 17
Kudos: 127
Best Answers: 16

That sucks i hate the way giffgaff don't let people use there internet data on the computer i mean why not ?. All the other networks out there let you use the internet data through the computer i mean c'mon its great for when your out and you have a laptop with you for example if your "traveling" it would be great and i think more people would join giffgaff because its unlimited data but giffgaff don't allow it and that's what i hate the most about giffgaff to be honest :\. I used to be with o2 and they allowed people to use the data through the computer and giffgaff are running on o2 so i don't get why people on GIFFGAFF can't use there data through the computer. I want to know why ???

With all due respect mate, the other operators dont ALL let you use mobile data for tethering on laptops etc, most operators have specific tariffs that allow tethering, GG let themselves down by only having a gigabag which cannot run concurrently with goodybags.