Social: General Discussion

steward
liamglasgow

£130 Electricity payment for people on benefits.

There is a scheme thats not well publicised for people who receive benefits because they are on a low income. Many suppliers are taking part. It runs for the next 4 years and is called the warm home discount scheme. See here for details. http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/funding/whds/whds.aspx It only takes a minute to register and successful claimants will receive £130 to put towards their electricity account. Kudos if thios post has been helpful :smileyhappy: Dont forget to tell all your friends and family about it.
If you find this post useful please give kudos by clicking on the star below my avatar :smileywink: Thank You
associate
markdavid

Re: £130 Electricity payment for people on benefits.

if I had my way people on benefits should not get this extra benefit which comes out of decent hard working people like my self paying for lazy idle people who don't want to work,put extern clothing on to keep warm.off topic by the way.
instructor
lisapip

markdavid wrote:
if I had my way people on benefits should not get this extra benefit which comes out of decent hard working people like my self paying for lazy idle people who don't want to work,put extern clothing on to keep warm.off topic by the way.

this benefit will only apply to a few.

it will not be for me.

I work but am on benefits because my partner is out of work and has been looking for sometime now.(along time)

you should see how many job are applyed for!

its not easy.

you have £111.45 a week to live off. which my partner gets about £12.00 for signing on,of that.

that has to pay for    gas , ele , water , sewage , food , insure ,etc , etc..... and still trying to keep a normal life, not easy.

that some people food bills that a week.we have to live of that.

my partner dose alot of volunteering with mixed groups,but its not the same as a pay job.but happy to be doing something.

and I can see my partner being eating a way day by day, by not having a job.

please we are not all LAZY IDLES.   and  DO NOT WANT TO WORK. 

sorry about going on,just had to say something and thank you.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
seer
styly

markdavid wrote:

yeah mate that applies to few, not most..

"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
rebelyell
Topics: 220
Kudos: 2,261
Ideas: 1

See how you would feel if the company you work for laid you off or went bust and you found you were looking for a job. It's easy to be self righteous.
Kudos: 5,116

not to mention having to give up work to care for a loved one

life's not as black and white as you think
mad scientist
doct0r

@markdavid Don't lump all people on benefits into the same category. Yes, there are those who don't want to work but there are many more who want to but can't because of various reasons. Be thankful you have a job but don't forget all those hard working people who avoid paying tax and other tricks. Do you think that just because they work that they can / should get away with it.

This warm home scheme only applies to a small percentage of people and in reality, the overall cost for all should be lower as many people don't know how much they are overcharged.
beginner
mobz94

"markdavid (steward)
if I had my way people on benefits should not get this extra benefit which comes out of decent hard working people like my self paying for lazy idle people who don't want to work,put extern clothing on to keep warm.off topic by the way."

Getting a job isnt as easy as 1 2 3 you know?
We prefer "hustling" :smileyhappy:
chaperon
banalio

markdavid wrote:

There are many horrible diseases out there that make it impossible for people to work. We should be proud that we support the underpriveliged people in our society. That is the true measurement of human progress. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
zerodudex333

banalio wrote:

markdavid wrote:

There are many horrible diseases out there that make it impossible for people to work. We should be proud that we support the underpriveliged people in our society. That is the true measurement of human progress. 

+1 lol :smileyhappy:

Get a free SIM with £5 Free Credit!