Social: General Discussion

former giff-staffer
oh_kari

5 a day - 24th July

5 a day

Life-saving jellyfish! Nick Fury! Hasselhoff! Batman!

Like 5 a day? Want daily reminders?

5aday1.png Don't hassle the Hoff! Around 550 cardboard cutouts of the ageing actor have been stolen across America. The standees were advertising some kind of drink, I don't know, fruitjuice or something? I'm sorry, I'm just a little distracted right now...

nick-fury-agent-of-shield-16.jpg

Share This by clicking 'Share' button at the bottom of the post or supporting on Reddit andDigg

5aday2.png These are some awesome, genuinely genuine images of ex-First Lady turned lady actress Hilary Clinton. I don't think that The Dark Knight was much improved by replacing Heath Ledger with her but it's an interesting twist on the plot at least. 

hilary.jpg

Spoiler
She also played the title role in The Cat In The Hat, replacing Jim Carrey who the director deemed had played it "too funny". The original Seuss novella was well-known to be a serious story about life, death, and everything in-between, aimed at children aged between 3-7. The cat was a metaphor for the ego. The hat was the crushing inevitability of working for The Man. hilary2.jpg
Spoiler
She's just taken up a part in Sons of Anarchy, playing one of the sons. She's much better than the one who used to be in Byker Grove.
hilary3.jpg

Share This by clicking 'Share' button at the bottom of the post or supporting on Reddit andDigg.

5aday3.png I want a rattyfish!  A jellyrat? Anyway, SCIENCE has made a jellyfish out of rat cells. 

"Morphologically, we’ve built a jellyfish. Functionally, we’ve built a jellyfish. Genetically, this thing is a rat," says the science man who created this. The idea is to eventually make a human heart, for both transplants and for drug testing. How amazing would that be? It'll save so many lives.

happy-jellyfish.jpg

Share This by clicking 'Share' button at the bottom of the post or supporting on Reddit andDigg.

5aday4.png  What's going on with these pictures?

enhanced-buzz-30570-1339796353-9.jpg

Spoiler
enhanced-buzz-29954-1341608899-8.jpg
Spoiler
enhanced-buzz-26228-1339796492-16.jpg

5aday5.png Is 5 a day over already?! OH NO NO NO NO NO

So which one was your favourite? Personally mine was the jellyfish! How interesting :smileyhappy:

Til tomorrow!

Kari xx

| Yesterday's Edition5 a day Archive | Have Feedback? | Submission Form |

#5adaythread | RSS | Get Email Subscriptions via ifttt.com |

Artwork by Joshaw

5 a day

consultant
foolish

Re: 5 a day - 24th July

I like the zebra lady best, the poor cat looks terrified.

As for the jellyfish , if I remember correctly from Uni.

You could make a thing called 'human liking deer @by fusing human and deer cells

( in the presence of the immunovirus of japan :smileytongue: )

Wasn't viable though.:smileyfrustrated:

pjr

Jellyrat for me :smileyhappy:
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pathfinder
sylje

Some excellent camouflage there - especially the legless girl!

Loved the cat - clearly doesn't want a fight :smileyhappy: