Social: General Discussion

knoppixeu
Topics: 64
Kudos: 211
Ideas: 9

Freeview box with netflix and iPlayer

Hi all,

I am looking for a freeview box with Netflix and iPlayer can anyone assist with this and link me to some good ones...

I don't want to pay to much as I am awaiting for my samsung tv delivery how just need this as a temp solution.

I also do not need one with a hard drive etc however if its cheap and comes with one I might as well.

Thanks, 

★ If my ramblings have been helpful, click the orange star under this banner, on the right! Thank-you★
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
kingedward
Topics: 133
Kudos: 598
Ideas: 7

Re: Freeview box with netflix and iPlayer

There's a good article here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/askjack/2012/sep/13/ask-jack-tv-catchup-iplayer

You might want to look at some YouView boxes, which is freeview but behaves the same as Sky+ with additional extras.

The Music Thread
knoppixeu

Don't really want to spend 300 quid if I am only going to have it for a short while lol
★ If my ramblings have been helpful, click the orange star under this banner, on the right! Thank-you★
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
kingedward

For a temporary solution then perhaps you could use a computer, tvcatchup.com gives live TV (freeview channels). Then obviously you can use a web browser for iplayer and Netflix if that's possible.
The Music Thread
knoppixeu

No. I really need a freeview box :smileyhappy:. Good idea though.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
kingedward

kingedward

Or for £79, a Apple TV style streaming box with iPlayer and Netflix. Might be able to access tvcatchup.com too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-XS-1080p-Streaming-Player/dp/B006VTASW4/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF...
The Music Thread
knoppixeu

Needs to have freeview and netflix. I player i not essential however would be nice.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
knoppixeu

I can't seem to find any with just freeview and netflix can anyone help?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
fordaz
Topics: 131
Kudos: 1,169

If it has to have Netflix and Freeview, you're quite limited in device choices.

YouView is the only Freeview box I can think of which has Netflix on it.  But they aren't cheap out of contract.

Your best bet would be to get a cheapo Freeview box and a seperate Netflix device, like the Philips Smartbox for £50.

Look at him go!