Social: General Discussion

supporter
jamie
Mobile Phone: HTC One M8

How long does 1ST CLASS RECORDED DELIVERY TAKE?

Hello ,
Just returning my pre and i am wondering how long it will take for royal mail to take back the item?

I sent it back by royal mail 1st class recorded service .

posted today at 14:25pm

Thanks,
Jamie

Twitter - @JamieEarlTEK
navigator
danielscott

Re: How long does 1ST CLASS RECORDED DELIVERY TAKE?

If the postman is fast then it will arrive tomorrow, I would say the next day at the most!!

visionary
anthonydclark

usually should get next morning unless its in some remote part of the uk its going too. HOWEVER only royal mail special delivery would have guaranteed it for you to be there next morning but does cost a lot more than standard recorded. recorded is only requesting a signature at over end thats it.
head honcho
jack17938
Mobile Phone: Nokia E7

Technically up to 3 days but usually the next day. Basically, it is 1st class except the recipient needs to sign for it.

student
bladesman1889

My mail (Rec Del) has been real fast the last several weeks - i get it once per week.

It is posted from Sheffield to St Leonards. The last 2 weeks it was posted at 4pm & 4:30pm & arrived 10:30 & 10:450 nxt morning !

Tip,

The receiver can arrange for a designated neighbour/stash place the postie can leave if reciever is out. Failing this a ticket will be put through the letter box with a number to call the local depo for collection. There are 2 options :

1) Arrange for re-delivery to address (FREE)

2) Arrange to pick-up from nearest P/O. W A R N I N G - this will cost £1:50 & proof of ID & original 'you were out' ticket.
Samsung Galaxy S
DarkyROM JVT Beta 2.3.5
marvel
andy0

anthonydclark wrote:
usually should get next morning unless its in some remote part of the uk its going too. HOWEVER only royal mail special delivery would have guaranteed it for you to be there next morning but does cost a lot more than standard recorded. recorded is only requesting a signature at over end thats it.

for some packet sizes, there's not much difference in price, unless you want the early morning version

another thing in favour of Special Delivery is it has better compensation terms if the item gets damaged or lost in transit

student
bladesman1889

I was surprised to find that Recorded Delivery has virtually next to NO compensation - i found out the hard way, losing 2/3 packs of tobacco & a Nike/Barcalona tshirt-a gift sent by my parents from their holidays (after they returned).

Royal Mail didnt wanna know, just said all they could confirm was it had gotten lost in the system & that any parcel 'of value' should be sent Special Delivery.

It left me wondering whst the point of Rec Delivery was meant for ?
Samsung Galaxy S
DarkyROM JVT Beta 2.3.5
head honcho
jack17938
Mobile Phone: Nokia E7

Recorded delivery is there to let the sender know that recipient has received it.

It can come in handy for insurance claims, back accounts being set up - so the bank cannot say "we didn't receive it".

consultant
panther97
Mobile Phone: Blackberry Curve

[ Edited ]

Next day delivery if your postman is quick. I would say about 2-3 days to wait, though it sometimes depends on what you sent. Big things like washing machines and Iphones are usally about 4-5 days. Small things like a sim card or a picture frame are Next day delivery.