Social: General Discussion

mk96
Topics: 14
Kudos: 22

How to root samsung galaxy europa (GT-i5500)

Not very hard, quite simple actually.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR HANDSET GETS DAMAGED IN ANY WAY DUE TO THIS. FOLLOW THESE STEPS ONLY IF YOU WISH TO.

First of all, go to settings>applications and make sure that the unknown sources box is ticked.

Then, go back to settings>about phone and check your android version.

For android v2.1, visit this link on your europa:

http://bit.ly/9wAKC5

Install the file, and perform a full root (not soft root)

For android v2.2, it is slightly more complex and you need a PC to root your phone.

Go to settings>applications>development and tick USB debugging.

Download superoneclick to your PC here: http://depositfiles.com/files/n0dcxce3t (do not worry if it says this file is harmful because i have tried and tested myself)

Extract all and open the superoneclick.exe file

Plug your europa into your PC via USB

Click root on superoneclick (top left hand corner)

It will then say your device is now rooted!

Enjoy!

Treat people in the same way you wish to be treated :smileyhappy:
rebelyell
Topics: 235
Kudos: 2,569
Ideas: 1

Re: How to root samsung galaxy europa (GT-i5500)

Might try it on my daughter's phone for a laugh. She hates the phone anyway but it's her fault for losing the HTC Desire I gave her.
newcomer
leilabd

Thank you for this. It worked! I've tried various ways before, including an earlier version of SuperOneClick, but always failed.

A couple of things I did which may or may not have made a difference: after turning on USB debugging in the phone and connecting it to the PC, I didn't respond to the phone's prompts to choose Kies or USMT modes, just left it sitting there.
 After clicking the Root button, it all went fairly quickly until SuperOneClick said that Busybox was not found and did it want me to install it. I said Yes. After it had finished, I rebooted the phone. Titanium Backup now runs and successfully acquires superuser privilege.

newcomer
johnfclarke

superoneclick.exe is not available from depositfiles.com any more. oneclickroot.com want around $30 for their tool. Haven't found an alternative yet...

newcomer
johnfclarke

Found UnlockRoot 2.3 which did the trick. You install it on your PC, run it, connect the GT-I5500 with the USB cable, select the "Kies" option when asked, and finally hit "Root" on the app window on the PC. I notice the PC app also has an "Unroot" button (which fact I found reassuring 8^).