Social: General Discussion

Topics: 24

New App for Android Root Users: SwiftText

Hi GiffGaff peeps, and especially those who have a Rooted Android handset, today I present to you a way to type even quicker!

It's called SwiftText (after SwiftKey, becuase I find it really fast) but instead of pressing keys, you press a button and a preset phrase is typed out infront of you, for you. So, you could add your email address and then never have to type it again.

Just hold the search button on your device to call SwiftText up and it's ready to use :smileyhappy:

Remember, you must be rooted (Android doesn't let me push key events willy nilly)

https://market.android.com/details?id=me.kennydude.swifttext

Joe :smileyhappy:

(If it causes an issue for you, reply here or any other methods on the description)

Please press the magical star on the left if I helped you and your dreams will come true!*

* actual mileage may vary
consultant
ibraheemjaved19

Re: New App for Android Root Users: SwiftText

Am going to try it out
If i helped you please press the star button near my name and click accept a solution. Want a sim with £5 credit? Click below!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
kingpin
funkylogik
Mobile Phone: Galaxy S3 mmm :-)

cheers m8 id try it out but iv just nearly got the dictionary full of my way of txtn on Smart Keyboard Pro. wish i cud transfer my dictionary :-)
Get a free giffgaff SimGet a free giffgaff Sim

cheers m8 id try it out but iv just nearly got the dictionary full of my way of txtn on Smart Keyboard Pro. wish i cud transfer my dictionary :-)

It's not designed to be a dictionary, just phrases which take a while to type out like your email address

Please press the magical star on the left if I helped you and your dreams will come true!*

pcwiztech2k10
Topics: 187
Kudos: 83
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 7

headbangerkenny wrote:

Hi GiffGaff peeps, and especially those who have a Rooted Android handset, today I present to you a way to type even quicker!

It's called SwiftText (after SwiftKey, becuase I find it really fast) but instead of pressing keys, you press a button and a preset phrase is typed out infront of you, for you. So, you could add your email address and then never have to type it again.

Just hold the search button on your device to call SwiftText up and it's ready to use :smileyhappy:

Remember, you must be rooted (Android doesn't let me push key events willy nilly)

https://market.android.com/details?id=me.kennydude.swifttext

Joe :smileyhappy:

(If it causes an issue for you, reply here or any other methods on the description)

nice, +1 Off Topic kudos to you :smileyvery-happy:

Regards,

Jamie MacGregor
kingpin
funkylogik

il giv it a try m8. does it save to sd card?
kingpin
funkylogik

....plus does it have alphanumeric (9key) mode? i cnt use querty lol :-)

It doesn't replace your keyboard,download a new keyboard :smileyvery-happy:

kingpin
funkylogik

hmm confusin. so i can use this app alongside my chosen keyboard (smart keyboard)??

Yes, use with your existing keyboard. I built it because I wanted to type sentences quickly but keep SwiftKey X Keyboard :smileyhappy:

Just hold the search key on your device when you want it