Social: General Discussion

Re: PayPal monthly statment ..... Phishing

I logged on to the site and looked for info about a monthly statment never heard of it before and found no link to it from the site.
I still won't be clicking on the links, I'll login myself then I'll know where I am
Get a free giffgaff Sim
bitgeek
Kudos: 1,883

This is a genuine email from PayPal.

Received: from outbound.emea.e.paypal.com (outbound.emea.e.paypal.com. [96.47.30.222])

The email I received today regarding a monthly statement came directly from a PayPal server.

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of IEQ6TDC-VSJGS-BMUFPN-S3NWEZ2-8AKPPA-H-M2-20120814-6710853fa2276a@emea.e.paypal.com designates 96.47.30.222 as permitted sender) client-ip=96.47.30.222;

PayPal has verified the server which sent the email as a good server to be receiving email from in their DNS records.

All the links in the email go directly for the PayPal website too.

No need to worry guys :smileyhappy:

Get a free giffgaff Sim

I still haven't even heard back from the PayPal site I sent it too yet
Get a free giffgaff Sim
bitgeek
Kudos: 1,883

pinkcalculator wrote:
I still haven't even heard back from the PayPal site I sent it too yet

PayPal have always taken a while to reply to any emails I've sent them in the past.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

mad scientist
jaycat

Cheers bitgeek, and the others who posted the info about it being legit.

I'm no-one's boss but my own.

It's certainly a worry and PayPal would have been better sending a email informing is about it a few weeks ago.
Saying that not clicking on email links it's something that is just second nature not to do
Get a free giffgaff Sim
nednats
Topics: 63
Kudos: 555

bitgeek wrote:

This is a genuine email from PayPal.

Received: from outbound.emea.e.paypal.com (outbound.emea.e.paypal.com. [96.47.30.222])

The email I received today regarding a monthly statement came directly from a PayPal server.

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of IEQ6TDC-VSJGS-BMUFPN-S3NWEZ2-8AKPPA-H-M2-20120814-6710853fa2276a@emea.e.paypal.com designates 96.47.30.222 as permitted sender) client-ip=96.47.30.222;

PayPal has verified the server which sent the email as a good server to be receiving email from in their DNS records.

All the links in the email go directly for the PayPal website too.

No need to worry guys :smileyhappy:

I checked the headers too

I'm still not conviced it from Paypal. Had a paypal account so long i can't remember. This is the first time i have been sent a monthly statement. I thought maybe just maybe the cyber criminals had got smart and manage to some how make to really convicing and change the headers so i fowarded it spoof@paypal.com anyway. Even if it really I think everyone should still foward it to show them how stupid there market campaign is. :smileyhappy:

motivator
presty101

Be carfeull with those emails I had 3 games totalling less that 20 pound before and sold them to some one over fb I giv them my PP address and later I recieved an eemail saying I had recieved 150 pound when I asked the buyer why they sent thr 150 they said it was for me good service but on closer inspection the email was fake and the buyers post adress had beeen reported by other people so I dont beleive anything through my emails till I have checked through the actual PP website
chippanfat
Topics: 153
Kudos: 214

Isn't it a bit strange how the email address the email came from, for me anyway, is paypal@e.paypal.co.uk

Get a free giffgaff Sim
exemplar
chriszzzzzz

I got one today. Although it looks genuine and the link opens paypal, the paypal logo is different ot all the other emails I've received off them and it's in a blue box.

In a mad world only the mad are sane