Social: General Discussion

motivator
ibiza

"iCard Mobile" - has anyone tried it?

My sim arrived today in a small hand written envelope - after ordering it a couple of days ago.

I got it for the 1p a min to route calls from.

They have a nice website - but it has so little info on things that I cannot see if VM is charged or not.  Its also not entirely clear if your calls are 1p per min unless you top up in that month - but does not say that - or the cost of calls if its true.

http://www.icardmobile.co.uk/

Does anyone know anything more about them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- - THOSE NOT POSTING NICELY - WILL BE TAKEN OUT THE BACK AND SHOT!! - -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pen69
Topics: 50
Kudos: 638

Re: "iCard Mobile" - has anyone tried it?

Although the 1pence a minute offer seems really attractive, i checked that site 

http://www.icardmobile.co.uk/, and it's terrible!

It doesnt say how much txt's are, and loads of other info is missing.

If this company can't design a website that provides all the "basic" info a customer needs, I dont trust them to run a mobile communications company!:smileyvery-happy:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
You can choose any type of sim here. ;-)
graduate
carlos292

I am happy with giffgaff I am going no where from here at all
motivator
ibiza

Weirdly it says I have had an answer to my question - yet I never clicked on that.

At 1p/min to route a call its good if that is the price constantly and it does not expire, or it is dependent upon continually paying each month.

Its 12% of the price of a GG non GooBa call, and less than half the price of the cheapest GG call, and with the T&C in GG perhaps banning those calls, then it seems not a bad partner to combine with GG.
- - THOSE NOT POSTING NICELY - WILL BE TAKEN OUT THE BACK AND SHOT!! - -
newcomer
icardmobile

Thank you for your constructive comments. We have acted on them by hopefully making the UK costs a little clearer for you and anybody else wishing to look at the site.

As mentioned in another thread, it is always good to have healthy competition.

Thanks again,

iCard Mobile

rlproper
Topics: 29
Kudos: 473

I use iCard for landline calls only. I agree that it is hard to find uk text rates but I avoid texting on it. It is only a second phone. I topped up £5 about 3 months ago and didn't use it while I had a £10 goodybag on my gg sim. I have no goodybag now and am using the remaining credit on the iCard sim. I did eventually get an email reply to my query about whether credit or rates would expire after a month. The lower rates granted for high value top ups do only last a month - but I only topped up £5 to begin with so this does not affect me.
I try to give good info but remember I am just another customer.
associate
shuaib

the website looks a bit weird? Ill stick with gg :smileytongue:
If I have helped you please feel free to kudos me :smileyhappy:
beginner
tifo

The lower rates granted for high value top ups do only last a month - but I only topped up £5 to begin with so this does not affect me.

What does the above mean?

roypaleface
Topics: 65
Kudos: 340
Mobile Phone: NOKIA C2-03 DUAL SIM

@---ibiza--- I got a couple of sims to try in a friends Vodafone locked phone (it was old but expensive to unlock), despite icard using vodafone network, they wouldn't work without unlocking the phone.

I didn't think the website details were very clear at all, I'm glad  now that I managed to get my friend on giffgaff, at least I know where I stand with giffgaff, (got the phone unlocked cheap in the end)

Stick to giffgaff is what I say !!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
rlproper
Topics: 29
Kudos: 473

I think the rates have changed in the last few months. They used to charge lower rates to people who topped up £10 or £20 but those lower rates only lasted a month. The iCard comment above indicates a change to the website and maybe this was it. My call quality is not good but I blame vodaphone reception for that.
I try to give good info but remember I am just another customer.