Social: General Discussion

richardski
Topics: 7
Kudos: 2,293

Re: the 2 members that constantly bad mouth giffgaff all over the forums

Hi drupad,

Excellent post. 

However if 19% slowly becomes 29-39% - Giffgaff should be worried.         

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a smartphone eats up bandwidth.  Data use is going to increase because customers are living in the web and all Telcos and ISPs are having to make adjustments to accommodate this.

International IP transit costs money and someone has to pay for all the undersea cables that make the Internet work:smileyhappy:

Richard 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
kingpin
shafpatel

Grate post, but I still say that it's more than 1 percent of customers getting banned from mobile internet usage.
matt1111
Topics: 153
Kudos: 1,214

styly wrote:

why have these 2 members not been removed from the forum?

their IP's need banning so they cant come back..

They'd still come back. If there were IT people they'd know how to bypass that.

Just because giffgaff has a problem doesn't mean everyone else is...
Follow me on twitter: @iMattDroid93. Say hello or if you want to have a chat then by all means :smileyhappy:
XBL: Fartmonster93
pioneer
mickg

Chefkoch: Styly, I am your father.

Styly: NooOoo! ... Matt, why didn't you tell me??!

Pmsl... does anyone else see this coming??!! hee hee :-)

I can't believe you've managed to continue this argument on a completely unrelated thread!! Lmao

... ok, I'm gonna try to help BOTH of you.

@styly ... I agree with most of the things you say on these forums and have previously posted the T&C's you speak of, which DID say "no constant streaming." I have also posted this as advice to people asking the question. These terms were supplied to me as a link from an agent, but THEY HAVE BEEN UPDATED. They now say constant streaming IS allowed (point 11.4 ..... I think) and only include tethering as a specific no no! Here are the 2 links the agent gave me, which should keep Chefkoch happy as they give you some new weapons to use instead of "your posts!"

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/600/kw/tethering

http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/547/kw/tethering/related/1

@chefkoch ... you were involved in the thread I was rambling on about here earlier, which totally ruined my first experiences of giffgaff. I have seen many negative and what I feel to be antagonistic posts from you in the forum which are unnecessary and damaging to the network. BUT I feel the way you have discussed the issue in this thread so far has been constructive, with some well raised points and does give the sense that you are trying to give an alternative opinion to the debate, rather than bashing giffgaff for the sake of it. I hope this new approach continues, and if so, I would definitely not discourage you from airing your views, or agree that you should be banned!! :-)
I seriously think you should both call it a day with the unlimited data thing though... it's really growing old now!! :-)

pioneer
mickg

@drupad ... I agree with your a,b,c,d post, and agree with the person who patted you on the back for the thought you put in!! Thanks for the PM by the way. I read all the posts from said person, but to be honest I didn't think they were that bad... I felt it was someone who had some unresolved issues (possibly from birth!! lol) and didn't have the intelligence to get them resolved through the proper channels.
His behaviour was either ignored or laughed off in every case and I don't think anybody really took any notice.
If I can ever get my PM's working again I'll send you a couple of links for the kind of posts Styly was referring to ... if you thought that was bad, you won't believe them!! :-)
seer
styly

Yeah time to give up the arguing the case.. I've done enough :smileyhappy: and i mean that in a good way

Lets just see what the announcement says :smileyhappy:

"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
scottoag
Kudos: 211

threads like this scare me - I moved from o2 cause of 500meg limit - i really don't go close cause can't get 3g - thought giffgaff was unlimited.

but what the heck - calls are so cheap to knock your socks off.

i remember phone being in the hall with a tiny lock on it :-)
Myself
seer
styly

@mickg

Are they new or old terms?

Sounds good..
"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
pioneer
mickg

Hey styly ... new terms pal. They changed within the last month, but I don't know exactly when.
The agents gave me that link because I questioned why the terms on sign up are different to the set of terms Alan Parker and the like were throwing around. They linked those as the up to date ones and said they'd take my criticism on board.
When I first got it, that link said a goodybag does NOT allow constant streaming. Now, as I'm sure you read, it says it does. (so the link updates when the current terms change). Would point out that the terms now match the claims on the website and the other link they gave from the quick help section. :-)
scottoag
Kudos: 211

styly like your thoughts. have a great eve man
Myself