Can I change my Mobile Number?

Question

Answer

Yes you can, but if it's due to nuisance calls we'd advise you to let us know so we can investigate it further.

If they are Premium Rate Services, you can stop them by texting "STOP" to the shortcode number of these services. 

Alternatively, please contact an agent. Select the categories "Mobile Services" and then "Preventing unwanted calls".  Select "Incoming" and give us details about the calls you are receiving. 

If you just want to change your number, with effect from April 2015, there are two methods. Before you start note that whichever method you choose you will be allocated a random number. If you want to choose your number or want a memorable number, you need to purchase one elsewhere and transfer (port) it to giffgaff.

Method 1 - Self service

• Read and understand the instructions and warnings
  • Click 'Change my number'
  • On the next page confirm that you wish to go ahead. This is permanent, you cannot get your old number back after you've confirmed you wish to go ahead. 

Your number will be changed within 4 hours. Your credit and goodybags will not be shown on your account until the new number is ready.

This service is ony available between 4.30am and 9.30pm, and can only be used once per account. If you need to change your number again, please use method 2, shown below.

Method 2 - Ask an agent

• Contact an agent,  using this form: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/call_barring
  • Select incoming calls from the list of call types to bar (otherwise the form will not submit)
  • Click Yes to 'Do you wish to have your number changed?'
  • When your new number is ready, you will be given instructions on what to do next.
  • Wait while the new number activates and you're good to go.

Handy links

started by chriskm on ‎20-03-2012 13:38 - last edited on ‎25-05-2015 11:21 by ace of spades endorphin
Looking for something?