Solve your questions

How do I check my giffgaff balance?

Question

Answer

This guide details all the methods available for you to check your balance with your phone, tablet or computer.

Use shortcodes to control your balance

If you want to be able to verify your balance from your phone at any time, the best solution is to call the following free codes.

*100# Airtime credit balance
*100*7# Goodybag minutes balance
*100*5# Remaining text balance*
*100*1# Free giffgaff to giffgaff expiry date

* Remaining text balance applies only to the Hokey Cokey goodybag which has 300 inclusive texts. Goodybags with unlimited texts will show 0 texts remaining.

Please note:  If you have a goodybag and you didn't buy credit, the balance will appear as nil as a goodybag isn't classified as balance.  

Tip: Save these numbers to your phone directory so you don't have to remember them.

Manage your balance notifications

Your balance is also automatically displayed on your handset briefly after every chargeable call you make or message you send.

If you would like to switch Balance notifications on or off, simply log in to your account and head to "My giffgaff > Balance notifications"

Turning them On

balance.PNG

• Simply check 'Show balance after each call or text'

Turning them Off

uncheck.PNG

• Simply uncheck 'Show balance after each call or text' 

Check your balance with a Web Browser

From your internet-enabled phone

An alternative way to check the balance on your phone is to access my giffgaff account through a web browser:

• Go to this link in your phone giffgaff.com/mobile
    • In the top right hand corner of your account in bold font you will see how much credit you have (if any), and it will also state whether you have a goodybag live, when it will end and how many minutes you have left.

From your computer

Within giffgaff.com you can get your balance, update your payment details and check your transactions. Go to My giffgaff and sign-in. The homepage of My giffgaff will display your current balance.

Check your balance with the giffgaff apps

Thanks to our helpful members, you can now find a giffgaff app for all the most popular phones.

iPhone

You can download the giffgaff app from the apple store with your apple device, it will allow you to check your balance, as well as your goodybag status.

Android phones

There is also an app available through Google Play  if you have an android enabled phone you can download the "Mygiffgaff" app so you can check your balance and join in forums.

Symbian devices (Nokia)

There is also a giffgaff app for the Symbian OS phone. Point your device to the ovistore then search for the app called "ProGaff" - This was created by a giffgaff member.  Then just follow the on-screen instructions.

Windows phone

Unfortunately as its a fairly new mobile OS, there isn't currently an app that can provide balance checks, but you can always point your browser to the giffgaff mobile website or head to the desktop giffgaff website.

Additionally you can direct dial the numbers listed in the first section of this guide to check your balance.  

Handy links

Speaker.JPG

We'd love to hear what you think of this article. Really. We mean it.  

Whether you found it tip top or not

Voice your opinion now

started by chriskm on ‎21-03-2012 11:37 - last edited on ‎26-06-2013 17:42 by handy giff-staffer jeremyn
Looking for something?