Solve your questions

How do I report my phone and/or SIM lost or stolen?

Question

Answer

If you lost your SIM card or phone, or if your phone has been stolen, you will need to tell us so we can make sure that nobody is using your phone number and credit. 

Lost both my phone and SIM card

To tell us both your phone and SIM have been lost or stolen:

1. Log in
  2. Go to Help > Lost & stolen to load the Lost & stolen form
  3. Select to bar your phone and SIM
  4. Select the most appropriate of the following options (detailed below): SIM Swap or Order a SIM replacement

NB If you want to bar your phone you should NOT choose the SIM Swap option.

Lost my SIM card only

To tell us only your SIM card has been stolen or lost:  

1. Log in
  2. Go to Help > Lost & stolen to load the Lost & stolen form
  3. Select to bar your SIM only
  4. Select the most appropriate of the following options (detailed below): SIM Swap or Order a SIM replacement

SIM Swap

This is the quickest way to block your SIM and get the control of your phone number back - but it does not block your phone.

If you choose to SIM Swap, you'll be asked to confirm and you'll be then redirected to the normal SIM Swap procedure.

Order a SIM replacement

If you want to block your handset and order a replacement SIM, you will need to perform the following operations:

1. Select the size of the SIM card you wish to receive: standard & micro or nano SIM
  2. Verify your delivery address (and correct it if needed)
  3. Confirm you want to bar your phone and your SIM

As soon as you submit the form, we will deactivate your SIM and launch the order process for your replacement SIM. 

It typically takes 2-3 working days for your new SIM to arrive, you'll need to activate it online when it arrives by clicking here. Once this replacement SIM is ordered, you will not be able to do a SIM Swap until your replacement SIM has arrived and been activated.

If you don't receive the replacement SIM after a week, please contact an agent so we can reorder a replacement SIM for you.

The replacement SIM will have the same number and any credit/remaining bag once activated. However goodybags are not suspended while you wait for the SIM to arrive.

If you selected to block your handset, it will be put on a national blacklist and no-one will be able to use it.

If you need to unbar your phone you can do it by contacting an agent here and providing us with your IMEI number. You can find your IMEI number by dialling *#06# with your phone, or on the phone's original box. It will take around 5 working days to unbar your phone.

Handy links

Speaker.JPG

We'd love to hear what you think of this article. Really. We mean it.

Let the community know what you would do to improve this article.

Voice your opinion now

started by chriskm on ‎20-03-2012 12:17 - last edited on ‎24-04-2014 09:48 by handy giff-staffer jeremyn
Looking for something?