Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
joshaw

A better 'Ask An Agent' page

by joshaw on ‎28-01-2012 20:06

g5013.png

giffgaff ARE getting a bad reputation from the lack of clear, informative and helpful responses from it's agents (which may have been replaced by computer robots by the sounds of things), AND its clearly NOT getting any better yet.

A theory I have is that it's actually EASIER for the average newcomer to ask an agent a question rather than ask the community. In fact, to get to the 'ask an agent' page, it requires just ONE click after log-in, where as it requires THREE clicks to get to the 'ask the community - new message' page (which by way, is more difficult to find). 

In an idea posted by me (and apparently accepted), I highlighted how the 'my giffgaff' page included NO MENTION of asking the community at all, and an idea to attempt to educate newcomers of the community and agents: LINK HERE (It's still not implimented)

But that's not all, asking an agent is so easy, it requires a subject, category and a message, and that is it. That's the simplicity of asking an agent. So why are we wondering why agents are so robotic with their simple pre-written answers and 24 hour waiting times...

Just a reminder, this is what the CURRENT 'ask an agent' page looks like:

g3788.png

IT IS WAY TOO EASY TO ASK AN AGENT!

So I propose a more detailed and more sophisticated 'ask an agent' page for giffgaff.

It includes an idea posted by Jamesd2010 which suggested that asking an agent requires people to understand that agents are there to answer issues and queries which require personal details, and all other questions can be asked on the community. You can find the idea, and kudos it by clicking here. His amazing idea can be seen at question 3 on my graphic below.

So here it is, to replace the current 'ask an agent' page (seen above) :

Click here to see the full and annotated version of the graphic below

ggagent2.png

The new Ask An Agent page.

The new page has the following features:

• A detailed explanation of what giffgaff agents are there for and how to use this resource.
  • Several worded links to 'ask the community', of which is clear and more prominent, advertised to be easier and linked on the page 3 times (one link in each of the 3 segments). The link will take people to the immediate 'new message' page on the 'ask the community' forum.
  • An advertised link to the 'help' tab.
  • (Question 1) A feature which will allow people to prove they asked the community before asking an agent. When doing so correctly, it will prioritise the query to an agent (providing that their question requires personal information to resolve or answer it at question 3) and therefore get answered quicker.
  • The prioritising of queries is not made clear on this page, in order to avoid users cheating to get answers quicker.
  • (Question3) A fundamental filter, which will ask if the user's question requires personal information in order for it to be answered or resolved. For more information, click here to see jamesd2010's idea.
  • (Question 4) A question which will ask if the user is going to ask a 'query' or ask about 'help with a problem'. The 'help with a problem' questions will be prioritised and therefore answered quicker.
  • Includes all the previous questions of the 'ask an agent' page to keep it understandable.

The logic is simple. To reduce the number of questions asked to agents that DO NOT need to be asked to agents, and to further educate people (specifically newcomers) of all features of help that giffgaff offers, including the help tab, community and the giffgaff agents, the correct order they should be used and when to use these resources.

If you like the idea, you know what to do :smileywink:

Josh

Hi Josh, this has now been implemented, and whilst it certainly isn't as pretty as you visuals, it does include all the features you have outlined - thanks for the great idea and as always, I look forward to your future contributions! They are always a joy to see :smileyhappy:
Comments
by iphone_user on ‎28-01-2012 20:07

I like, but could it not put people off ?

by jamesd2010 on ‎28-01-2012 20:08
Of course, I love this idea having discussed it with you Josh, excellent :smileyhappy:.
by joshaw on ‎28-01-2012 20:11

@iphone user

Indded it could, but that is the point. It should be easier to ask the community, and require more effort to ask a agent. This should reduce the amount of agent cases that are just people to lazy to ask the community.

by jamesd2010 on ‎28-01-2012 20:12
@iPhone_user Fundamentally I feel this is something we actually need to do: put people off. As Josh himself mentions, far too easy to submit a case rather than the community (mainly because the agent link is within the dashboard). Making this page more complex and thus decreasing cases makes the essential cases have priority.
by up_the_saddlers on ‎28-01-2012 20:12
Something needs to be done, but if customers prefer to ask proper staff then surely they deserve the same level of treatment as any other customer? Treating customers differently isnt the solution, asking more questions when raising a case and agents having better filters is the solution.
by drlatheef ‎28-01-2012 20:13 - edited ‎28-01-2012 20:15

Great idea, I fully support this idea 100% as in a nutshell the Giffgaff agents are pretty rubbish in answering some people's queries and your idea of sophisticating the Giffgaff agents link so that people can think more about what they want to post to the GG agents and venting their anger that they haven't recieved a reply or that isn't satisfactory to a level. Therefore, I agree this idea totally. I hope you reach the magic 10 kudos quickly so that it will get accepted and implemented sooner and improve Giffgaff's reputation. 

This idea may save Giffgaff's reputation. No doubt for simple kudos!

Your annotations, structure and contriving a new page with such clarity and depth is absolutely amazing which adds to the quality of the information presented.

by giffgaff; ergo sum bonusball on ‎28-01-2012 20:14

Yes I like your idea.

by usmanozzy786 on ‎28-01-2012 20:16

I prefer the method it is right now because ofcourse people will ask community first because they will get an answer within few minutes where as agents can take up to 24 hours

by joshaw on ‎28-01-2012 20:20

@usmanozzy786

I can see your POV, but as it happens, this is probably not the case. It's much easier to navigate to ask an agent, and its much easier to understand agent responces. Newcomers are very uneducated to the community resorce and, believe it or not, prefer to ask an agent.

by redux cicerone ‎28-01-2012 20:27 - edited ‎28-01-2012 20:33

joshaw wrote:

@iphone user

Indded it could, but that is the point. It should be easier to ask the community, and require more effort to ask a agent. This should reduce the amount of agent cases that are just people to lazy to ask the community. 

james2010 wrote:

@iPhone_user Fundamentally I feel this is something we actually need to do: put people off.

Don't make it more difficult. It's next to impossible as it is. Just logging in and then trying to see if they've been bothered to reply in the last week is a several stage process for people whose SIMs are not active.

People don't want to have to fill in more information than necessary, and the agents certainly won't want extraneous bureaucratic stuff added either.

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,170 members 4,153 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: