Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
oslingsby

Advice Line

by oslingsby virtuoso on ‎27-02-2012 07:30

Hi everyone

As we all know giffgaff do not and wont be operating a call centre so heres my idea.

With the other providers theres a Customer Care number, 150, 789, 450, 2020 etc that gives you a few hundred options by pressing numbers and playing messages then eventually if you still need to be given the option to speak to a Customer Service Agent.

If giffgaff were to create rather than a Customer care line but a Advice Line on lets say 43431.

It could include a large selection of help matters similar to the request PAC code feature via 43430 but on a much larger scale with advice on all the major features of giffgaff so callers are able to hear the advice on the above Help pages rather than be forced to come to the website for the information.

Example, customer calls 43431 and heard something like.

Welcome to the giffgaff advice line, 

For advice on transferring your current number into giffgaff press 1

To learn about top up options and goodybags press 2 

If your internet is not working and you need to request your settings press 3

etc...

Kudos this idea if you like it and giffgaff may look at it.

Marked as not suitable because the site and forum has better functionality and it would be unlikely to be considered a good substitute for those who miss a call centre.
Comments
by piplisa on ‎27-02-2012 07:34

some thing on the lines sounds good.

by inspiron42 on ‎27-02-2012 08:01
There will be a cost for providing all the telephone lines and equipment. Also these guides should already exist on the website.
by pjr on ‎27-02-2012 08:06
Nice idea but one of the reasons giffgaff is so competitive is because they don't have to pay for call centres etc.
by hamishlaw on ‎27-02-2012 12:02

Why copy and take on a cost for what is already freely available on the website ?

Personally I hate the modern world of automated telephone calls - much as some call centre chicken factory bods speaking dodgy English do my head in I like speaking to real people :smileyindifferent:

by tim74 on ‎27-02-2012 13:55

whole point of the forum is ask question get answer

phone systems are ring up choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option get wrong answer  choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option choose option get answer

by pjr on ‎27-02-2012 14:18
Lol. True though :smileyhappy:
by ryaneberry on ‎27-02-2012 14:19
Good idea about the fact you want a number different to a customer service number but this will increase the fixed costs and will take away the whole point of payback...
by oslingsby virtuoso on ‎27-02-2012 14:20
@pjr please read the original idea again, no call centre will be involved only a number of pre made recordings to answer some questions.
by eddnoon on ‎27-02-2012 14:20

there is no difference between an advice line and a call center, giffgaff wont do it as it costs a lot. giffgaff isnt about call centers. The mobile network run by you, not call centers

by oslingsby virtuoso on ‎27-02-2012 14:23
@ryanberry My grandmother is 83 I have her on giffgaff because she uses the phone a fair bit but she has yet to touch a computer. Many older people are unlikely to come to the forums for assistance but all know how to make a phone call, the service should have minimal setup costs and the most time consuming point for giffgaff to create this would be the one off recordings.
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,820 members 679 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: